OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How to resist Satan

Started by misfire, January 23, 2024, 10:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7

C.S. Lewis once wrote, "There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils (demons). One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them."

Lewis's point is that the Christian must walk the fine line between being certain that Satan is real and being so fixated on him that our eyes cease to be fixed on Jesus.

If we err in the first regard, then we will never be ready and armored up when the true attacks of the enemy come.

If we err in the second regard, we will spend so much of our time hunting for the work of the devil that we will fail to embrace the work of God.

This is the daily responsibility of the Christian:

We are to take up our cross and follow Jesus daily.

When we submit ourselves willingly to God, we are given the power to resist the fiery darts of the enemy that come our way. And because of that resistance, the devil will flee from us.

But how do we resist the work of the devil?

For that answer, we turn to the example of Jesus:
The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down from here. For it is written: "'He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully; they will lift you up in their hands so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'" Jesus answered, "It is said: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'" When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time (Luke 4:9-13).

When we face temptation, it will come in a variety of ways. The devil might appeal to our physical desires; he might appeal to our pride and sense of self; he might appeal to our faith and whether God is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do.

How will we stand up against that kind of temptation?

We can only do so when we have had our minds regularly fixed on the Word of God. By doing so, we will know the lie from the truth, even when that lie is subtle.

So, the surest way to resist the devil?

It's with the Word of God.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

runngun

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this with us. I enjoy it, and I look forward to reading your post!!! Thank you for your dedication to our Lord and Savior!!!
They're always just what I need to hear. Certainly areas that I have to work on. I know that what I am about to say will not make sense for some, but it makes sense to me.  When I read these devotionals, I ALWAYS feel like I am being "SPOKEN TO".  And I find myself going back through them reading them several times.
Have a good one and May God bless y'all, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

misfire

I am mostly just a copy and paste guy as I receive these every morning, but it is a small part that I do to try to help pass on God's word.

www.misfiregamecalls.net

runngun

Lee don't "cut yourself short".   appreciate the time that you take to pass it on!!!
I think it was just yesterday that I found some of your videos on the Tube, now a new subscriber!!!

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

misfire

Quote from: runngun on January 29, 2024, 02:59:39 PM
Lee don't "cut yourself short".   appreciate the time that you take to pass it on!!!
I think it was just yesterday that I found some of your videos on the Tube, now a new subscriber!!!

I appreciate that. I want to spread the word of salvation to as many as I can reach, so every call I make except for the acrylics has Romans 10:13 printed on it. That verse was read to me on July 13, 1984, the day I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior. My hope is that the verse reaches someone who takes the time to read it and grasp the ease of it and comes to know the Lord.
As for the videos, I try but am no where near being as good as many.

www.misfiregamecalls.net

moyehow

So true!!   Great devotional. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk