OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Our Defender

Started by misfire, January 23, 2024, 10:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath.
Romans 12:19, NIV

Revenge is such an ugly word that perhaps you think you're removed from it. But even as children, we schemed to "get even" when we thought someone did us wrong. As adults, we often have trouble knowing the difference between being hurt, becoming bitter, and evening the score. It's human nature to defend our honor and seek vindication when attacked.

Recommended Reading:
Romans 12:14-21
In facing conflict or oppression from the wicked, we must never let our hearts grow hardened. There may be just ways of solving the problem, but in the end it comes back to trusting God to vindicate us. Our Lord Jesus was abused, but He answered His critics, not with ten legions of angels, but with the most shocking event in history—His resurrection.

Pray that when times of conflict come, you will turn to Him and to His Word. Let Him give you wisdom to respond well, and trust Him to be your Maker, Defender, Redeemer, and Friend.

May the gospel keep me humble and patient.... I don't want to waste one more self-absorbed moment rehearsing things that hurt me and relishing personal revenge.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net