Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 7/1/2011 "Would you admit you need GPS?"

Started by BOFF, July 08, 2011, 12:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Sorry to be so late, but things haven't gone as planned lately. I attempted to write this devotional last night around 8:30, and had plenty of great scripture, but no confirmation of what to write. Earlier in the the week I thought I knew for sure what to write about, feeling God's presence and blessings that day, but, I just could not put it in words or story form to present in a logical manner.

So, I've been upset somewhat, and impatient as well. Still being selfish, rather than waiting for God's voice. I finally let it go, and got started with the day, and THAT, too, changed. No planting of millet today, but stay at home, and leaving later in the day to look at some land. I'm doing some "Honey Dos" and *BLAMO!!!!* the voice of confirmation!!!

Much like today, we all get lost in our routines and busy lifestyles. We tend to think we know what is right and what is wrong for ourselves. We go one way, and looking back down the long dusty trail, we finally realize we should of taken the other road, for we currently are at a dead end. We are lost. No not me, I'm a avid hunter and woodsman, I can get back safely. Pride, it can kill you in more ways than you can imagine. I remember one evening I was camping out and running trout lines with some friends. My flashlight went out, I was stumbling along in the woods, in the dark, and was literally taking steps inch by inch, as it was so dark. I finally had a friend locate me, and when his light shined on my path, I was on the edge of a rim, with a  drop off of about 30 yards down a rocky slope. I was lost, headed for trouble and didn't even know it.

Much like being on that rim or dead end, in the darkness, we without Christ, are lost. His light will shine our way, and His GPS will save our lives. God's Plan of Salvation, is the shining light to home.  Have you been lost lately, searching for answers and ways to comfort yourself, and still not found contentment or peace. I urge you to use GPS and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. It's free, it works, and it is a guaranteed road to take you home. If your not sure how it works, please ask me, or one of the other board members here.

John 3:16
New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Father God, forgive me for being so impatient. Thank you for speaking loud enough, for even my own selfish ears to hear your voice, over my own. Help this message to speak clearly and accurately for your glory, and not mine. Be with those who are traveling, those who are sick, and those who are standing at the dead ends in life's journey.  May we, your people, acknowledge your ways, and love, to those who are lost, and share your plan of salvation though our not only words, but actions. Help our pride to not stand in the way, and may we admit, we need GPS. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen.

God Bless,
David B.

drenalinld

Roostem33

Amen David, impatience is a killer for me sometimes. Thanks for the reminder!!

Have a good week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

pappy

David, well said, I too can relate to being "lost" and in the "dark" once in a set of woods I thought I knew. But I became disoriented, turned around, and crawled through briers and bushes for an hour before I set me PRIDE aside and used my cell phone for help. It is good to have a direct line to God, all we have to do is humble ourselves enough to dial!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206