OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Countering Satan's lies

Started by misfire, November 16, 2023, 08:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.
Psalm 119:11

What do we do when we think we've received some incorrect information? We go back to the source: the warranty, the instruction book, the letter, the person—wherever the correct information is located. Bad information can only lead to bad outcomes. Nowhere is that truer than in the spiritual realm.

Recommended Reading:
John 8:43-44
Since Satan traffics only in lies (John 8:43-44), he is more than ready to feed us bad information about God. And his lies can only lead to a bad outcome in our relationship with God. Satan tried to give Jesus bad information when they had an encounter in the wilderness (Matthew 4:1-11). Satan misrepresented God and His Word three times. But Jesus countered his lies with a correct rendering of God's truth with three verses from Deuteronomy. As far as we know, Jesus didn't have a copy of Deuteronomy with Him in the wilderness. Instead, He quoted the Scriptures from memory and rebuffed Satan's temptations. Jesus exemplified Psalm 119:11—hiding God's Word in one's heart to avoid sin.

Are you in a daily habit of taking in and memorizing God's Word? Truth is the only way to counter Satan's lies.

The truth of Scripture demolishes speculation.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net