only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First in a long time

Started by callmakerman, October 29, 2023, 12:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packmule

callmakerman

Quote from: GregGwaltney on October 30, 2023, 09:29:00 AM
Beautiful box Bill....I know my efforts to make box calls are trying, it is the tedious tuning that drives me batty....lol....if I would just stop when my instinct tells me to. So I have a few laying in wait as well, time will tell if I ever get back to them.
Believe me I fully understand what you're saying. I really don't use a box all that much as I prefer a scratch box more and of course pot calls. So, tuning a box is at times a real pain and being that a box is not one of my favorites to use it's very easy to put them aside and forget about them. This one was different and when time was available, I would work on it here and there for the past month. I just wanted to finish one and there may be more. Time will tell. There's plenty of great box call makers and I marvel in their work but don't share their passion for this type of turkey call. To each their own. Bottom line. Do what makes you happy and if you choose to finish one of those boxes do when you're feeling it not because you think you have to.

GregGwaltney

Quote from: callmakerman on October 30, 2023, 10:53:02 AM
Quote from: GregGwaltney on October 30, 2023, 09:29:00 AM
Beautiful box Bill....I know my efforts to make box calls are trying, it is the tedious tuning that drives me batty....lol....if I would just stop when my instinct tells me to. So I have a few laying in wait as well, time will tell if I ever get back to them.
Believe me I fully understand what you're saying. I really don't use a box all that much as I prefer a scratch box more and of course pot calls. So, tuning a box is at times a real pain and being that a box is not one of my favorites to use it's very easy to put them aside and forget about them. This one was different and when time was available, I would work on it here and there for the past month. I just wanted to finish one and there may be more. Time will tell. There's plenty of great box call makers and I marvel in their work but don't share their passion for this type of turkey call. To each their own. Bottom line. Do what makes you happy and if you choose to finish one of those boxes do when you're feeling it not because you think you have to.
My sentiments exactly, I believe we are in the same camp....
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

WV Ridge Reaper

You better watch posting box's on here,you will have a longer list then the striker list haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

callmakerman

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on October 30, 2023, 08:14:14 PM
You better watch posting box's on here,you will have a longer list then the striker list haha

No worries on my end as I won't be doing box call orders. That went away years ago. Building a box or other calls now and then helps keep things fun for me. I'll keep it that way.

Hoot 000

How about a video or sound file.

turkey stew

Greg Massey

Awesome looking box... I'm sure it sings all the pretty hen notes ....

callmakerman

Thanx for the kind words. I would like to say that I got a fall bird while using the call, but with only two days hunted during a two-week season I didn't even bump into any birds.

mspaci

Lcmacd 58

Very nice .... the lid is VERY nice ....

MossyOak92

Bedge7767

Jim

Tribute Custom Calls

Love the look of Spalted Maple, nice looking box!
Share the knowledge and introduce somebody to the Outdoors

culpeper

Nice looking Box Bill, good luck this spring with it!