OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Question for the box call fellas!

Started by Houndstooth Game Calls, July 06, 2011, 08:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndstooth Game Calls

I have been playing with a box call and the sounds close and I will probably destroy it so I want some insight on where I am headed. I feel like I am having to work the paddle harder than I want to get it to roll over I feel like the sides are a little thick so something deep down is telling me thin the wall thickness down. Kinda one of those things where you hate to mess up something decent but you know that feeling when you say just a little more then you go to far just curious to know what you guys do when you have one with the same similarities I have? By the way it is a longbox.--lyle

Houndstooth Game Calls

Well I was gonna wait and see what showed up on this post before I went to sanding but I ant a waiting man haha. But I will share what I found for another I sanded the thickness down at the top of the sound board or wall of the box but did not sand  all the way to the bottom kind of angled thinning where the lid strikes the box walls and rounding them good on top and not sanding so much even of the whole wall, might be right might be wrong but it worked pretty good!

drenalinld

I used to sand on Lynch box calls from Wal Mart in basically the fashion you have described and could usually get them sounding pretty good. Once in a while one would sound good out of the box, but most sounded much better with a little sanding.