turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Beware of these (individuals) selling ....details in post

Started by Old Gobbler, October 18, 2023, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

1) "DECOY " profiles and I'm not talking selling a decoy ..I'm talking about someone who registers a account that looks nearly identical to a high post member ,we have THOUSANDS of members and it is easy to confuse a high post member with another profile that has a nearly identical name but changes it with a "." Period , uppercase , switches out a O for a zero ...LOOK AT THEIR POST COUNT

2) low post members ....99%of fraudulent transactions are from people with zero or very low posts DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM , NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE DEAL IS

3) if they insist on payment via a non guaranteed service ...report them to me ASAP

You may be a trusting individual, and they prey upon good folks like you ...don't be fooled

Thanks Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Turkeybutt

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

zelmo1

Anything like this needs to be reported. We need to help root these vermin out. Z

Chuck1443

Alabama556

They just got me with the decoy account. I should have known better.

They used gobblerl2 to make it look like gobbler12. Gobbler12 is a real member. He did not have a hand in this.

They also used user name joelamanda to send a PM that seems to look like a system generated pm to email the seller for faster response. Of course the email goes to the scammer.

At the end of the day, I was stupid and had to pay the stupid tax again. I don't mind admitting I got scammed if it helps one person not make the same mistake as me.

wchadw

Always check the member info and see how many posts they have.
The scammers always have none or 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

I bought a choke from a legit member.  After responding to the thread selling, I got a PM from a zero post third party trying to redirect me to an email address. Was an easy scam to spot but you gotta watch out for em.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 03, 2024, 11:55:14 PM
I bought a choke from a legit member.  After responding to the thread selling, I got a PM from a zero post third party trying to redirect me to an email address. Was an easy scam to spot but you gotta watch out for em.
yes that's how they do it !!!
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Badger

10th Legionaire

Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 03, 2024, 11:55:14 PM

I got one of those this morning from a zero post account called Scream11.

I immediately reported it to Shannon. Hopefully the ban hammer falls fast
Less is more