turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pray for Israel

Started by misfire, October 16, 2023, 07:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

A good preacher is something not to be taken for granted. We have a new preacher since our old one retired. Matt is a young man, full of desire to serve God and his congregation. He doesnt mince words and is direct, which I truly appreciate. His sermon yesterday was spot on and full of insight. He had been preaching out of the New testament for several weeks, but when he stood in the pulpit yesterday, he said that it was not the time to continue with the messages he had prepared, but since everything that has taken place in Israel, that was what he felt needed to be addressed.
He began with this:

Zechariah 14:1-4
King James Version
14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Biblical prophesy is coming true right before our eyes. It is written in the bible that we as Christians are to pray for Israel:

Psalm 122:6-9
King James Version
6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

7 Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.

8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

9 Because of the house of the Lord our God I will seek thy good.

So, what I am getting at is this- we have a duty to pray for peace in Jerusalem, and that is something that I have been doing every night for a long time, even before this war they are involved in currently.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

ltprod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Zechariah 12:2

"Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem."

King James Version (KJV)

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."