turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mike Mimms

Started by shad309, July 06, 2011, 10:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shad309

Mike Mimms and his family are in need of your prayers. I know many of you know Mike. He's not doing very well right now and they can use all the prayers you can give.

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Duke0002

Thanks for the info, Shad.   :jesus-cross:

Roostem33

My prayers are with Mike and his family, get well soon Brother!! :jesus-cross:
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Basser69

turkey slayer

pappy

Mike went on to be with the Lord last night around midnight. Please keep Adam and the family in your prayers. Mike's biggest concern was leaving family and friends behind, his dream would be that everyone would gather together again in heaven. So, please let us all work to do our best to fulfill his dream, pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Duke0002

Jack, Thank you for this news.  We shall miss him terribly on this earth, but we also know that he is now enjoying the blessings of heaven.  His strong faith in Jesus was not only an example for us, but also gave us real encouragement in the faith.

Praying for Mike's family and friends.

I preached a funeral sermon on this text just this afternoon:

"...for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and hope, that I will not be put to shame in anything, that with all boldness, Christ will even now, as always, be exalted in my body, whether by life of by death.  For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.  But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me;  and I do not know which to chose.   But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better;  yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake" (Philippians 1: 19-24).

Our gracious Lord receives all glory as He received the spirit of Mike Mims.

Roostem33

Thanks for the update, Mike will be missed!! He was the first one that I spoke with here on Old Gobbler.

God Bless,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)