turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My Girlfriend Brain Bleed

Started by Sir-diealot, September 05, 2023, 06:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

To give an update yesterday 9/6 after the surgery she was talking a bit and responding to commands, as the night wore on she started to become more groggy and was not responding to commands, I wanted to believe she was just tired but I had a sinking feeling it was more than that. When I got there in the morning 9/7 things had changed. They had to restrain her overnight as she was fighting with them, she was also trying to get out of the bed to go to the bathroom which I understand that thought she did not need to as she had a folly in, but she didn't understand that as she was understandably out of sorts. She got to where she is not longer responding well to commands and could no longer take her medicine so they had put in a feeding tube.

Almost immediately after I got there they took her down for a CT scan, when she came back from that things seemed to start getting even worse. She started having a problem with Cerebrospinal fluid building up in her brain causing Hydrocephalus (Many may know this as Water on the Brain) and a causing pressure on her brain. Being her proxy I had to give permission to allow them to put in drain to relieve that pressure, they did it but running the drain through her spine which is much better than drilling a hole in her hard or removing part of the skull cap. They also had to put a breathing tube in her. They also had to sedate her before any of the other were done so she would not hurt herself when the procedures were being done. With her sister and nephew there I had to go to my first post op appointment for my foot, something I felt and still feel very guilty about doing even though I know I had to do it. They are now 9/8 waiting to take her down for an MRI but said they will not have results until sometime in the morning. I am trying to make sure somebody will still be taking care of our dog and will then be heading back out there thanks to a friend giving me a ride as I can't drive with my foot the way it is right now.

PLEASE continue to pray for her and her family. Thank you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

I'm using voice type so I'm sorry if your things get garbled here. Update on my GF: Last night they had to put in a drain tube to remove fluid from her brain as she was beginning to get pressure on her brain from the cerebral something or another fluid building up. (Runs in the brain and spine) Before doing that they had to sedate her and they also had to put a breathing tube in her. The drain tube they put in her to remove the fluid they wound up putting into the spine as the fluid moves between the brain and the spine and that was the better choice as the other choice was to drill a hole in her skull which I thank God they didn't have to do. I got a call about mid-morning this morning from her sister and nephew and they let me know that she was doing better. When I got there she and I were poking jokes at one another and talking and they said to keep her active so we kept on talking and joking the way we do. She's still super tired and super groggy but this is the best I've seen her since this has happened. I don't know where things are going to go from here, I tend to be rather paranoid and honestly don't want to be too optimistic, I've seen too many things happen in the past and I'm cautious with my optimism but I sure hope I'm wrong. I showed her a picture of our dog Misty, that sure made her smile and she said how much she loves her and I told her Misty loves her too. It was nice seeing some of that spry spunk in her and I'm hoping that it stays that way and gets better.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Thanks for the update and continued prayers my friend... God Bless ....

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on September 09, 2023, 02:36:40 AM
Thanks for the update and continued prayers my friend... God Bless ....
Thanks Greg and anyone else that I may not have replied to, not trying to be rude, just so much going on and when I get back to hotel each night I type these updates copy and then paste them in a few places try to eat and then get what sleep I can. I forgot my CPAP machine so I am not sleeping well as each time I snore I wake myself up and I don't have my oxygen machine either.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Update on my GF: So this morning she seemed really groggy and didn't say a whole lot, slept the majority of the day. This evening she talked about going to the cabin that her family owns in Michigan, she Misty (our dog ) and I. The way she stated it made me have to hold back tears you know "Before I die I want to ..." and with everything going on it just hurt to hear her put it that way. We talked an awful lot about Misty three times she was very adamant that I go home tomorrow and be with Misty because she's worried about her so I called a friend and he's going to pick me up, I haven't set a time but I'm figuring mid-afternoon  around 2:30 3:00 and I will spend some time with Misty. I'm going to have to go to town and get some laundry done I'll probably just wind up paying them to do it as I can't stand on my foot. She spoke with her friend Dan briefly on the phone and she asked to do that. There's honestly not a lot more to post about it she slept so much throughout the day and evening. I'm very hesitant to go back home but I know it needs to be done and it'll just be the first time leaving her there alone and it breaks my heart to do it. I'm looking for some help to take care of Misty while she's in the hospital so I can be there as much as I can be, I really can't pay  anyone to help though, I'm beginning to line up selling some of my stuff so that I can keep going up there to be with her. Oh they talked about starting her on moist solids but when they tested her with ice she couldn't stay awake long enough to let it melt so that idea was put off for a few days.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Jane Lane update: She is still disoriented, but they were able to get her up to walk today for a bit. I guess she was mad at me for not being there, she was mad at me yesterday when I was there so at least she is consistent. I had to come home yesterday to be with our dog, I will be going back tomorrow or very early Wednesday morning as she has to have another angeoplasy done on her brain and the will be adding  contrast/dye so they can make sure the coil they added the other day is  working and no further bleeding to that one and to check for further bleeds throughout the brain. The nurse said she is very tired, which is to be expected.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Here is an update on my GF.
They transferred her down a floor to what was called either a step up or step down floor, it is better than before. She is being a little pigheaded, she does not want to eat their food so that is not helping her any. They have her with a feeding tube and letting her eat a "Soft/Moist diet" basically stuff that can be broken up with the tongue and no harder. She is clearly still not with it, but not as out of it as she was. She gave me a scare on Thursday, she was sitting in her chair awaiting a second surgery and she starting acting very odd, was very sleepy and started to slur her words. I got the nurse. They did some test with her and called up the assessment team, the were not sure what happened but laid her flat and gave her some sort of fluid and she slowly started to do better. They decided not to go ahead with a Cat Scan as she was having the other surgery later that day. Speaking with the doctor after they said it was not a problem with and forgive me, I am not great with this part but the Cerebral ? Fluid in her brain causing the problem and they did not feel she had a stroke but do feel she had a seizure which he was surprised by as they thought she was past that point. Right now it is wait and see, they said anytime in the next month or two months, I do not recall which at this moment that she could have a stroke or another seizure just from all the other things that she has had done already including the original bleed. She has been angry at me the last 3 days because I won't take her home, give her a cigarette (I wish they would outlaw the stuff), won't bring her our dog Misty and some other things I can't recall at the moment. She is being obstinate though, that is a good sign as that can be her personality for sure at home. She is not happy that I was not there today, I needed to get some things done here at the house and get some more of her bills taken care of. Also needed to be with our little girl Miss Misty, man walking through the door and seeing how happy she was to see me was a great feeling, but seeing her look down the stairs behind me for mommy and the disappointment is heartbreaking. I can't wait to see the two of them together again. Not seeing her is really bugging my GF I asked the doctor if I could bring Misty after she was brought to another floor and he said they do not allow that on any floor, that really upset me as I know it will bother her, I have not told her yet, I am afraid she will try to leave, she is already trying to call a friend to do a jail break as is. He knows better. I think. They were able to get her up and walk her 124 feet or steps, I do not recall which the nurse said, my brain is in overdrive still, sorry.

John Koenig:

misfire

Continued prayers for healing. And we all know, wives stay mad at us no matter what we do. Mine got mad at me because I opened a car door for her. Granted, we were doing 80mph at the time, but it is the thought that counts right?
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Sir-diealot

Thank you and yes it is. Now they are saying the train that they put in her spine is not working well enough so they're probably going to put in a shunt this week presumably it was going to be today now they're talking about Friday. She was more herself today angry at me still because I won't take her home but make him jokes all the same when she's not mad at me she's picking on the one nurse and her bubble butt today. I was trying not to check it out but she kept turning her eyes towards it and her head and started lifting her eyebrows so yeah I noticed. I it didn't want to tell her I thought it was nice, then she'd be mad at me all over again. What can I say, I like big butts and I can not lie.......

John Koenig: