OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Surgery Tomorrow

Started by Sir-diealot, August 31, 2023, 02:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Just asking for prayers for my surgery tomorrow. They are fixing three severe hammer toes, they will be cutting out a portion of one of the metatarsal bones on the toe next to the big toe replacing it with some type of artificial bone and then all of the toes will have basically a rod/wirethrough them whichever way you want to put it to keep them straight and then I'll have on some huge boot and won't really be able to leave the house much for about a month I guess other than going to doctor's appointments.

This will be the second time we're trying to correct these hammer toes, the first time was back in the late 90's.

Just pray that everything will go well and that this will actually work this time and that I'll be able to walk better during the turkey season in the Spring. This past Spring was horrible, I mean it was extremely painful because of the toes along with all the normal pains that I always have. I missed  four or five days I could have hunted just because of the toes this year.

Thank you very much. This is what they look like by the way.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

From the bottom side. This is all for my car accident back in 1988 in the severe frostbite I had and nerve damage

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

silvestris

I could have done without the photos, but good luck.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

YoungGobbler

Good luck buddy, hope everything goes well during operation and after... Hope you can soon be back on your toes!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: YoungGobbler on August 31, 2023, 08:33:45 PM
Good luck buddy, hope everything goes well during operation and after... Hope you can soon be back on your toes!
Thanks bud, got home safely, going to take a nap. Apparently I woke up in the recovery area screaming about a Norse god chasing me and trying to rip my heart out so we could eat it. No more watching Netflix before surgery.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

So this is the foot with the walking boot on, that big piece that sweeps out is intended to protect the toes because there are wires sticking out that far that are implanted in my to help keep the toes straight. Added pictures without the boot on.

John Koenig:

turkey stew

I hope all went well with your surgery!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: turkey stew on September 01, 2023, 02:37:35 PM
I hope all went well with your surgery!
Yes, seems to have. Feeling the pain now that it is a few hours out, but that's pretty normal just took some medicine for it and it's beginning to work. Just no playing football for a week or two.

John Koenig:

YoungGobbler

Quote from: Sir-diealot on September 01, 2023, 02:30:50 PM
Thanks bud, got home safely, going to take a nap. Apparently I woke up in the recovery area screaming about a Norse god chasing me and trying to rip my heart out so we could eat it. No more watching Netflix before surgery.

Did they put you to sleep with magic mushrooms or what  :toothy12:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: YoungGobbler on September 01, 2023, 09:12:09 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on September 01, 2023, 02:30:50 PM

Did they put you to sleep with magic mushrooms or what  :toothy12:
No such luck, I shouldn't watch Netflix before I go into surgery it would seem, I had been watching a show called Ragnarok the night before that is based on Norse mythology.

John Koenig:

aclawrence

Hoping you have a smooth recovery. You've got plenty of time to heal up for turkey season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: aclawrence on September 01, 2023, 11:22:22 PM
Hoping you have a smooth recovery. You've got plenty of time to heal up for turkey season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, going to baby it til next month is a doctor suggested. Walking around on crutches is not to put any pressure on the foot right now. Trapping season starts in late October so I'm hoping I'm good enough to drive by then maybe get out and lay some traps on my own as well. The foot comes first though it was just horrible turkey hunt in the past year I really was.

John Koenig:

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on September 06, 2023, 06:49:30 AM
Good luck Steve!
Thanks, it was last week, I am supposed to go for first follow-up tomorrow but with Jane in hospital I don't think I will make it.

John Koenig: