OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey guide this fall

Started by jordanharley15, August 23, 2023, 08:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordanharley15

Hey guys! My dad and I have gotten real big into turkey hunting over the past few years. This past spring we had a blast and ended up killing 3 birds! Me and him have been talking about going on a turkey hunting guide this fall. Does anyone recommend a guide service that offers some hunting this fall? We are located in Charlotte NC so closer the better but not against making a little longer drive. TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hook hanger

Just pick a spot you would likely go to in the spring and go hunt some new territory taking notes of the turkey populations in the area. What you learn on a fall trip may help you out if returning in the spring. Killing a fall bird is not difficult unless you are holding out for gobblers.

jordanharley15

Quote from: Hook hanger on August 30, 2023, 07:31:57 AM
Just pick a spot you would likely go to in the spring and go hunt some new territory taking notes of the turkey populations in the area. What you learn on a fall trip may help you out if returning in the spring. Killing a fall bird is not difficult unless you are holding out for gobblers.
Thank you but there's no fall hunting season for turkey near us which is why I'd like to find a guide out of state to give us a chance on a bird. We like hunting public land just don't have the time to really scout and try to hunt public land somewhere we've never been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hook hanger

Call a state agent/agency north of you and ask about areas that hold good populations of birds.

arrow1

If you are willing to trek to NY contact Pete Clare at Turkey Trot Acres in Candor, NY. You will be well fed and will enjoy a traditional fall hunt with dogs.