OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nightly prayers

Started by misfire, August 16, 2023, 02:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches.
Psalm 63:6

The "night watches"—those hours we spend in bed during the night—can be fertile soil for seeds of worry. In Psalm 63, we find David describing his "night watch" practice: meditating on God. And this he did during one of the most tumultuous, heart-wrenching times of his life.

Recommended Reading:
Psalm 4:4-5
King David's son Absalom wanted to unseat his father from the throne (2 Samuel 17:1-4) When word reached David that Absalom's army was approaching Jerusalem, David gathered his loyal courtiers and commanders, and their families, and they left Jerusalem. As he fled Jerusalem, David was cursed by those loyal to Absalom. Crossing the Kidron Valley, they ascended the Mount of Olives. From there they headed into the Judean wilderness to seek refuge and make plans. (See the title inscription for Psalm 63: "A Psalm of David when he was in the wilderness of Judah.") David organized his troops and engaged the army of Absalom, and his son was killed.

Can you imagine the worry and heartache David experienced during those days? Yet on his bed, he turned his thoughts to God and meditated on Him. Use the quiet hours of the night to commit your concerns to God in prayer.

Faith can place a candle in the darkest night.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net