OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Breeze of Grace

Started by misfire, June 28, 2023, 03:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:21

Archeologist Steven Brann was using his metal detector near Little Round Top at the battlefield at Gettysburg last February when he got a hit. Digging about 20 inches into the soil, he found an entire artillery shell, which had been fired by Confederate gunners around 160 years ago. The Army's 55th Ordnance Company took it to a secluded part of the battlefield and blew it up before it could do any harm.1

Recommended Reading:
Romans 12:14-21

It's amazing how deeply artillery shells can remain buried in our heart and how long they can remain hidden there. When we're hurt, abused, ignored, slighted, or offended, it's like a projectile is fired into our spirit. We can carry the wound for a long time. We can fire back and land a shell in someone else's heart.

The Bible counsels us: "Do not repay anyone evil for evil.... Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay,' says the Lord" (Romans 12:17-19, NIV).

We serve a God who will watch out for us and take care of our adversaries. Release your bitterness, and let it dissipate in the breeze of His grace.

Forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of spirits.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net