OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What are you doing today for next season.

Started by Gooserbat, June 10, 2023, 11:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

I'm going to do my best to take a toll on nest predators. The $$$ I would have waisted on nwtf will be spent on traps, 22 creed ammo, and gas.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Lone Star Eastern

Not a bad way of looking at it, plus you can guarantee your money will go towards your region. I can't imagine much of my donations to Quail-Pheasant Forever, RGS, NWTF, etc. will be used on work to my little county in ETX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Already tool care of 2 vermin. I'm in the gym now. Back and shoulder day

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

Dtrkyman

Hiked 10 miles the other day scouting some new terrain, trying to find some out of the way spots.  Saw one hen.

hipp2412

Resting up for next year. LOL

I have been out coyote hunting and plan on going again tonight. Will be trapping this fall.
Hipp

Badger

Panning on a couple hikes into a few new areas.  It's dry and snakes are on the move.

Sir-diealot

Practicing with my trumpet and other calls more, also getting my left foot operated on, well the three middle toes anyway, this season was excruciating trying to walk and I am sick of that.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Old Timer

Currently studying for my trapper certification. Although years back I did a fair amount on the farm a course is required now. Nest raiders are on my radar.

MossyOak92

Quote from: Gooserbat on June 10, 2023, 11:47:43 AM
I'm going to do my best to take a toll on nest predators. The $$$ I would have waisted on nwtf will be spent on traps, 22 creed ammo, and gas.
I came to the same conclusion. Bought some more baits and lures for trapping.  At least I know the money is going to help turkeys in some way. May go try to shoot some coyotes tonight also.

GobbleNut

Hoping....
Hoping for a good hatch and poult survival.
Hoping for rain (at the right time).
Hoping for no forest fires in our mountain ranges this year

Brian Fahs

Working overtime and earning $$$.

This turkey hunting disease I have take lots of money.

Roost 1

Loaded some shells yesterday after going to the gym.
Walked 2 miles this morning.

RED NECK

I received a backpack that I wanted to use for turkey hunting going forward instead of a vest, I have been using one for bow hunting the last year(timber hawk basin) and thought it would be perfect for turkey, I purchased some new guns the last 10 days and I started my journey into rolling my own shells today, as I finally ordered 3 lbs of tss shot and I'll be ordering everything else this week, and I washed up my turkey stuff and put it away. What a great season.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Turkeybutt

Learning to play a trumpet for next season.
Always have my eye out for a new or vintage turkey gun.
Buying shells when I see them on sale.
Looking for a comfortable chair or turkey lounger.