Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Afternoon action in my front yard

Started by RutnNStrutn, June 09, 2023, 07:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

A little afternoon action today right out in my front yard. Poor old dude, the 4 hens didn't pay any attention to him.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Dr Juice

Sir-diealot

Wish I had had one strutting like that for me this year that close, would have made a heck of a picture.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on June 09, 2023, 07:35:07 PM
Stud!
Actually, he's smaller than the big guy I nicknamed "My Boy".

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 10, 2023, 12:13:39 AM
Wish I had had one strutting like that for me this year that close, would have made a heck of a picture.
I'm fortunate to live out in the sticks with the critters. My wife and I are always looking out the window watching critters.

Mountainburd

Sir-diealot

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on June 10, 2023, 01:05:16 AM
I'm fortunate to live out in the sticks with the critters. My wife and I are always looking out the window watching critters.

I get some here but not to often, I cam around the corner while walking the dog and there was a tom displaying for two hens, I froze but the dog did not, she kept walking, they took off the second they saw her. How the dog never saw or heard them I will never understand. See deer and occupationally turkey in the fields next to my house, the guy will be cutting it in July like every year so I hope to see some feeding while out with my camera. They are not here like they were when I moved here, the entire county has been decimated by mostly Mennonites that cut down every tree in site and wipe our every hedgerow in site as well. Makes me sick because it was so different when I moved here 33 years ago, you saw critters everywhere you went, now you almost never see them. Even Coyote and fox hunting with dogs has taken a dive as well as trapping and of course the turkey and deer. That and the state hands out crop damage and doe permits like they are going out of style, most of the time it is not even deer damage happening, it is the coon in the corn, the DEC agent is supposed to come and see the area before they give them out but clearly they don't.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 10, 2023, 09:07:47 AM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on June 10, 2023, 01:05:16 AM

I get some here but not to often, I cam around the corner while walking the dog and there was a tom displaying for two hens, I froze but the dog did not, she kept walking, they took off the second they saw her. How the dog never saw or heard them I will never understand. See deer and occupationally turkey in the fields next to my house, the guy will be cutting it in July like every year so I hope to see some feeding while out with my camera. They are not here like they were when I moved here, the entire county has been decimated by mostly Mennonites that cut down every tree in site and wipe our every hedgerow in site as well. Makes me sick because it was so different when I moved here 33 years ago, you saw critters everywhere you went, now you almost never see them. Even Coyote and fox hunting with dogs has taken a dive as well as trapping and of course the turkey and deer. That and the state hands out crop damage and doe permits like they are going out of style, most of the time it is not even deer damage happening, it is the coon in the corn, the DEC agent is supposed to come and see the area before they give them out but clearly they don't.
That's a real shame.