OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Custom Push Pin Calls

Started by Haggstromjohnd, June 07, 2023, 03:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haggstromjohnd

Newbie Western NY Turkey hunter here just looking for all opinions on best push pin call makers out there. I've had the pleasure of working with Steve Mann on a nice short box but just want to know peoples preference for custom push pin call makers.

HookedonHooks

Shannon Kelly. The owner of this site. He builds the best one hands down.

There's a pretty big gap in quality from any other maker, but a couple other notable makers are Mike Lapp or Tim Bullock.

Haggstromjohnd

Thats what I've been finding... Shannon's calls are gorgeous and videos of him playing make them sound amazing. Mike Lapp and Tim Bullock seem to be only other names I come across as a rookie call enthusiast.

ManfromGreenSwamp

The first answer is the only answer!
Nailed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

Haggstromjohnd

So who do I have to arm wrestler, ro-sham-bo or otherwise to obtain said call? Feel like he is the wizard from OZ. A legend I'm gathering. Love this habit :-)

gobrunner

x2 on Shannon Kelly.  His calls are the best.

Ranman

Quote from: Haggstromjohnd on June 07, 2023, 04:48:30 PM
So who do I have to arm wrestler, ro-sham-bo or otherwise to obtain said call? Feel like he is the wizard from OZ. A legend I'm gathering. Love this habit :-)

Welcome, and don't give up hope..

Tom007

Quote from: Haggstromjohnd on June 07, 2023, 04:48:30 PM

Participation on the site and a lot of pushpin interest is a good start. Shannon tries to accommodate his membership, but it takes time due to the quality and sound of his calls. When he completes one, he takes a week or so tuning it, so when you pull it out of the mailbox, it will lure in the wariest gobbler in the woods. He makes a fine pushpin for sure.
"Solo hunter"

Lcmacd 58

Oh wow.... more competition..... I'll never get 1

btodd00

I have a mike lapp, it was almost a year wait for that one

Im on the list for one of Tim's, will be close to the same amount of time if I had to guess

I keep an eye out to get one of Shannons when he's making them but I haven't been quick enough on the draw yet 

Haggstromjohnd

Because I'm new here and new to forums in general what do I need to know about his contests (post #?) for opportunity to purchase one. Someday :-)

Lcmacd 58

Stay vigilant and use the forums information. 

Lcmacd 58

There are some master call makers on here that will help you out. As well as other parts to the forum that will make you a better turkey hunter. It's been a tremendous help to me since I joined. And no I haven't had the chance to obtain 1 of Shannon's calls either. But I'm still here and trying.

Haggstromjohnd

Appreciate the information. I'm so green any and all information is helpful. Thank you!

Sir-diealot

Swore I would never try to get another until I heard Shannon's, blew my mind. Hope to get one one day.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."