OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday Devotional 07-03-11 I am with you......

Started by pappy, July 03, 2011, 10:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

First I am apologizing for such a short devotional for Saturday, I was completely at a loss for words as the medication I was on complicated my thoughts. This morning I am still on medications, but not as severe as before.
I lay in my bed last night praying for God to enable the Holy Spirit to speak to my heart, first to renovate my thoughts on His word and secondly to assure me a moment of comfort from my fears and confusion.
Then these very comforting words entered my spirit..."teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Matt. 28:20
Now I know this was the closing words of the last chapter of Matthew, concerning the Great Commission of Christ given unto His disciples...but, as the Holy Spirit dwells within, He also addresses each believer's needs through the scripture, and this amazing verse lifted me to heights I have not experienced in a while....let me explain.
(Teaching them to observe) or [teach them to pay attention to] what? To His commandments and His promises, to His works and His memory, to His authority and His compassion, to His mercy and His grace and especially to His sacrifice and His intersession.All of these and much, much more, but in my case, I needed His assurance that He was with me when I felt so alone.
I felt so bad, so sick, my medicines were making my mind to run rapid, and yet I was able, through Christ, to seek my answer through Him and His word. I REMEMBERED TO OBSERVE. Many out there in this old world are seeking answers to their distressed life, many search out the yellow pages, few are searching the scriptures. I find my answers where the true answers lie, God's word....(all things whatsoever I have commanded you) or [ in every thing I have shown you or taught you or have instructed you to do] including?  Believing and trusting, no matter the situation or circumstance, having the faith to climb those mountains or cross those deserts of despair...remember the authority Christ has in your life? "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."
(and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world)...[ no matter where you are I am there with you]...why? Because He loves you, simply put, as soon as this scripture entered my mind, I began to feel the healing power of God, in my spirit and my body. I know that this was the closing words of the Great commission, but in this case it served my needs to the tee....as I was taught to believe, I was taught to remember, I was taught to do by faith, what it would take to come out of this shell of fear, and I was reminded that Christ is with me, no matter what.
The same can go for you, only if you believe, only if you seek out your answers in the scriptures, only if you remember the true workings of Christ, were not limited to when He walked on this earth, but ALWAY........
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Roostem33

Glad to know He is allways with us!!! Thanks Jack!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

turkey slayer

Duke0002

Thank you, Jack.  Powerful words the Lord speaks through you.