Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

I'm done brothers....

Started by RutnNStrutn, May 28, 2023, 11:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Tennessee season ended tonight. It's been shut down here for the last 3 weeks. I've only heard 1 gobble in that time. But I did learn some valuable lessons. Patience, that caused my miss. Selfishness, which would have gotten me a bird..... IF I was selfish.
Lack of patience led to a miss on a perfect hunt. Prior to that, I limited my hunting so as not to pressure the birds for when my best friend was coming up.
Both of them were mistakes that cost me an opportunity at a gobbler on my property.
Lessons learned. I won't, or at least I'll try not to make those mistakes again.
At least I contributed a gobbler in the top 9 birds, and we are still in the lead as the season winds down. Good luck to any of you who are still hunting, and good luck Team GNH!! We've come close in the past, hopefully this will be our year!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Tom007

Congrats my friend! Enjoy your off season....
"Solo hunter"

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 28, 2023, 11:32:03 PM
Tennessee season ended tonight. It's been shut down here for the last 3 weeks. I've only heard 1 gobble in that time. But I did learn some valuable lessons. Patience, that caused my miss. Selfishness, which would have gotten me a bird..... IF I was selfish.
Lack of patience led to a miss on a perfect hunt. Prior to that, I limited my hunting so as not to pressure the birds for when my best friend was coming up.
Both of them were mistakes that cost me an opportunity at a gobbler on my property.
Lessons learned. I won't, or at least I'll try not to make those mistakes again.
At least I contributed a gobbler in the top 9 birds, and we are still in the lead as the season winds down. Good luck to any of you who are still hunting, and good luck Team GNH!! We've come close in the past, hopefully this will be our year!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

JimBo,
X-2

I can say the same for me. We're always learning in the turkey woods. I've been humbled manny a times out there, I have been lucky and happy to contribute this season. One of my best hunts I've ever had, I put the PooP pot on and had a meltdown like a real amateur LoL! Patience always plays a huge part in this game.
   Thank you for taking the reins and keeping this squad together. We've had an amazing year!
Have a great offseason.

Stay well to ALL.
Johnny
:you_rock:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."