North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Who is still hunting?

Started by zelmo1, May 09, 2023, 06:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

Who is still hunting peeps? Z

Dr Juice

I am in NY. Our season ends on 5/31 at noon.

3seasons

I'm done and the turkey blues are getting me.  I'm helping traveling friends kill birds, so having to live the rest of season through them. Not sure if that's helping or sending me deeper in. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBR12

I'm on the road. Finally had an excellent day hunting today. It's been way too long since I've had one of those. I killed one this morning about 6:30 and then was with my cousin when he killed one at about 10:30. Hopefully more to come in the next week or so.

xarcher

Just getting started. Called up a 2 year old this morning for a kid that just graduated from college. Had no intentions of pulling the trigger as I was more waning for him to shoot. It was a good hunt. Called him off of the next property while keeping a hen hanging around.
He's tagged out now. I still have 3 weeks to hunt.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

FullChoke

I have a 2 week redemption season here in MN that starts in a week. That will do it for my season.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

zelmo1

I have 3-5 actual hunting days left in Maine. June 3rd is the last day. Z

xarcher

In the woods right now. Watching 2 strutters at the field edge. Can't tell if hens are around. Going to sit here til dark if I have to.

xarcher

Still plugging away. Had birds inside 30 yards 5 times in the past week and nothing to show for it. Back at it tomorrow

zelmo1

June 3rd finish in Maine, weather looks like crap. I may use a vacation day tomorrow, lol. I have a few saved up. Z

xarcher

Season ended yesterday and for the first time in as long as I can remember, I got shut out. Frustrating season for sure. Didn't hunt WV because of rain. Had multiple close encounters in PA and had fair shots vanish waiting for them to become better chances. Called up a few birds for others and let them pull the trigger.

On a good note. Our weather in this part of PA has been warm and dry for 2 weeks and is expected to be that way for the foreseeable future. Good formula for 2023 hatch.