OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another big 10 scores

Started by potter, May 13, 2023, 08:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter

This bird got straight 8s. Tss.  Out of a .950 choke.  Dead on impact. At around 45 yds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

potter

Last year thought my gun was double firing. Turns out it's me. Sometimes when using front trigger the kick from the shot causes my finger to fire rear trigger. I just have to remember I'm not shooting my xbow. And properly seat gun against shoulder and hold on   

the Ward

Congrats on taking a fine bird Potter! Glad you don't have an issue with your gun. I
can see where that could happen with the double triggers and a fair amount of recoil for sure.
Thanks for posting the photo, looks great!

deadbuck

The bird is impressive, but the gun is even more impressive!!! Do you load your own TSS or buy them?

potter

I buy them.  I used the last of my apex. I have a box of foxtrot 7.5 & 9s will try next. I liked the 8s. Also have a box of federal tss   7&8   I just don't like those little nines   There a pain to get out of the meat  I also used nitros which I liked.  But I stopped using them because of the buffer leaking out. I was so tempted to try there nickel plated 5s at a whopping 3 oz load.

4nolz2

X2 ^^^^^ I finally quit buying Nitros because of the buffer leaks.Im not sure why they can't figure it out

KentuckyLB

Easy fix .. little bit of nail polish .

runngun

Or Elmer's glue. I think that at one time they were using Orange engine gasket sealant.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

potter

Got this bird this morning.  A devestor 7.5&8. Load.  At 8 yds. Very exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadbuck

What brand and model is that O/U 10? I need one of those!

potter

It's an Armi San Marcos waterfowl  I had brielly chokes put on the business end with fiber optic sights.  Fox trot ammo.  Could  of used a slingshot at 8 yds but that's no fun. At the price of ammo I might someday have to use one lol.  Never had a big Tom so close.

RED NECK

Beautiful gun and longbeards, I'd love to find a double barrel o/u 10 gauge with threaded chokes....Such a great gun you have there!!
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

crow

Good job, nice looking gun and gobbler.

potter

Thanks Ken see you soon. I'll try to save some for you

Tom007

Congrats! Yes that is a fine Over-under 10. Love it......Can you still get them? Thx
"Solo hunter"