OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag w/factory Ulti-full  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Poohflinger

Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag w/factory Ulti-full
« on: May 08, 2023, 01:37:09 PM »
I absolutely love this Turkey gun. I replaced the awful recoil pad with a Sims  Limbsaver and it has completely tamed the brutal 3.5” magnum Turkey loads. I’m getting great results with Winchester Turkey loads. I’m doing research on possibly going with TSS loads with the original factory Turkey choke. Just wanted to see if anyone on here uses the original choke and TSS loads? Is it worth the money and do you get great patterns? Thanks in advance

Offline jhoward11

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag w/factory Ulti-full
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 11:25:23 AM »
This gun, with a heavy choke tube, 3" #5 LB will kill anything in let's say....a 40yrd area. Don't need 3.5 or TSS.

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2023, 01:03:26 AM »
Those guns are tanks!!! They will kill anything in North America with the right load. Thumper!!! I have an original one from when they first came out, 1988. Awesome workhorse of a gun. They shoot well with a lot of different loads. 3 I ch loads of 9s.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 04:43:56 PM »
I have one from 89. Awesome gun. I’m no fan of longbeards. Idk about now but they were inconsistent a few years back. TSS is too expensive and not necessary. I shoot regular copper plated lead and have since the 80s. It’s all you need. I’d only used the factory choke in it til a few years ago when I got a jebs cheap. Birds don’t seem no deader so I mighta got robbed.

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 09:14:41 PM »
I have one as well when they first came out in cammo. If you can get yer hands on an old Jelly Head .690 you will be pleasantly pleased. My set up loved the Mag Blends and the Turkeys definitely didn’t. Search this 835 page. Great patters fosho!
 :wagon:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 03:54:25 PM »
I have an early Mossy Oak Bottomland Treestand Camo with 24 inch barrel. I use an Indian Creek tube and Longbeard 6’s. Real nice pattern…..
“Solo hunter”

Offline BuffetSlayer

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2024, 07:32:08 AM »
It is an awsome gun. I have the tactical turkey with mossy oak camo. I also put on a limbsaver recoil pad. I replaced the original choke with an indian creek. Patterns real well.

Offline gobrunner

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 08:57:18 AM »
I also have one with the limbsaver and shooting the Federal TSS with factory choke.  The limbsaver makes a world of differance