Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 7/1/2011 "Are You Seeing Things Accurately?"

Started by BOFF, June 30, 2011, 10:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Every notice, there are times, you tend to notice, the negative things about your spouse, job, friends, family, etc? And these things just tend to come out in your conversations, thoughts, actions and daily affairs. Ugh!!! It happens, and often leads to poor relationships. In my own experiences, this happens when I'm usually unhappy about something in my own life. Something in which I had control over, and I ultimately made the wrong choice, and now I am suffering the consequences of it. Maybe it was just some words voiced in anger towards my wife, or daughter. Maybe I ate too many sweets this week, and drank too many soft drinks, and gained some extra weight. So, I get upset with myself, and attempt to focus on others and their negatives, to cast the focus off of me, the ultimate issue. Fortunately, God already knew this would be an issue, and warns us about it, and the absurdity of it all.

Matthew 7:3-5

New King James Version (NKJV)

Matthew 7

3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

It is quite amazing how blurry our vision may be at times, and how easily we voice certain things which destroy our witness to others. Not only are the earthly relationships effected when our vision is blurry, but our heavenly relationships as well. It's just hard to focus on much of anything accurately, when our eyes are not focused on, Christ.

Heavenly Father, thank you for taking the time to wash and clean our eyes, and our sins. Thank you for our salvation, through your son Jesus. Help us to focus on you, your will for us, and the purpose you have for each of us, so we may glorify your name in all we do. May we have perfect vision in seeing your ways, and seeing the positive in others, and all things, on a day to day basis. We praise you, and thank you for what you have done, and for what you are going to do. For it is in Jesus name we ask and pray these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

Yea we all say things we don't mean to say, and it never seems to work out good!! Thanks David!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)