turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Man did I score some ammo !

Started by Old Gobbler, May 02, 2023, 09:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

I was pleasantly surprised to pick up some federal HW #7 ...7 boxes of it ...and then another 7 boxes of 10 gauge #4buck and 00buck  for deer hunting

Man this should keep me in business for years to come

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Palmetto Pirate

Never saw any number 4 buck in factory loads. I've loaded 000 nickel plated buckshot and it's deadly. Always wanted to load some number 4 and try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My beard is grey and my spurs short and I roost on the ground but I still gobble in the Spring!

worth612000

You did do good. That 10ga stuff is hard to come by!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Ward

Nice! Love it when I run across ammo like that. Sounds like you are well stocked up, a good feeling
to have with the ammo situation being what it's been!

Yoder409

10 gauge Hevi 7's !!!!   :o

Talk about running into a brick wall.......... !!!

Good grab !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Greytsum1

Good find. I only have 2 boxes left of the HW 7s. Then it'll be handloads of tss

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

deadbuck

I plan on having one of those Federal Heavyweight 7's in the pipe of my H&R Friday for the Mississippi opener. The recoil is obnoxious though!

Tom007

Quote from: deadbuck on March 12, 2024, 09:44:26 AM
I plan on having one of those Federal Heavyweight 7's in the pipe of my H&R Friday for the Mississippi opener. The recoil is obnoxious though!

Sighted in my NEF Bottomland 10 a few weeks ago. 24 inch barrel, pure gold 690. I will agree, the recoil is pretty good. I am a lefty, this is my left bicep. I love this old cannon, thank God it's a single shot.......
"Solo hunter"

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Tom007 on March 12, 2024, 06:31:51 PM

Sighted in my NEF Bottomland 10 a few weeks ago. 24 inch barrel, pure gold 690. I will agree, the recoil is pretty good. I am a lefty, this is my left bicep. I love this old cannon, thank God it's a single shot.......
Dang thats brutal! If i missed and could get another shell in before he got away i think id let him keep running!
I have 3 of them& i think ill just admire them while they sit in my collection or grab my Bottomland  Sp-10. :funnyturkey:

Tom007

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 15, 2024, 01:32:34 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on March 12, 2024, 06:31:51 PM

Dang thats brutal! If i missed and could get another shell in before he got away i think id let him keep running!
I have 3 of them& i think ill just admire them while they sit in my collection or grab my Bottomland  Sp-10. :funnyturkey:

Yea, I have a shoulder protector that slipped out of the way, and I have since put on a real soft recoil pad from Limbsaver. Won't happen again for sure.....
"Solo hunter"