Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sorry y’all

Started by Mossyguy, April 30, 2023, 07:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossyguy

Time to pee on the fire and call in the dogs. Our last day here in Mississippi is tomorrow. Unfortunately my season is over and I won't be able to add an upgrade to our total.

We didn't have as many birds this season as we have had in the past. Due to more turkey hunters in my area and the sounds of feeders going off all around me it was tough sledding this year. I was only able to get that one on opening day, but my 74 year old dad got two and that's more important to me at this point in my life.

The last couple weeks have been busy. I'm from a small town and there was an issue at the private school and I was asked by the board members if I would provide security for the school until the end of the school year so that's where my time has been spent. I know pretty much everyone up there so I couldn't say no.

I always like to leave seed for next year. I do have a couple mature birds with some jakes mixed in on each of the two properties I hunt and as of this afternoon they were still alive. Hopefully they can make it the next 24 hours!

I'll still be here following our team as y'all get after it. Good luck the rest of the season!

harleytom

Nothing to apologize for, you contributed and life happens to all of us. I was only able to get one last year and was fortunate to get him. So years it's feast and some it's famine. That's why it turkey hunting and not turkey killing. Appreciate you being a good participating member of the team. Hope all goes well with your assignment, it's a shame we need that kinda thing these days. I remember my school days and the rifles and shotguns in every boy (and some girls) trucks in the school parking lot. People today would lose their minds if they saw that. Things have changed but more importantly people have changed even more than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POk3s

This competition is all in good fun, and what fun it is! Don't worry about us one bit!

twyatt

There is absolutely no need to apologize.  Life is a lot more important than a "for fun only" turkey contest on the internet.   Happy to have you on the team and hope you'll be back next season.