turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cluck and Purr Pots

Started by jwp0020, April 29, 2023, 09:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingoman

What makes a cluck and purr pot different from a pot for yelping?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Bingoman on May 10, 2023, 10:20:39 AM
What makes a cluck and purr pot different from a pot for yelping?
They have a deeper more hallow sound from what I have heard making them in theory better for soft talk.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Never carry one or have a need to carry one, i can do all the clucking and purring i want on a ceramic pot call... That's why in my opinion it's important to find a good striker that will do it all while playing your pot call.. Yelp, Cluck and Purr ...   You can change the sound yourself to have a deeper tone, just by the way you hold the pot call in your hand... I see no need to carry a cluck / purr pot for myself... 

BTH

Schaffer teardrop here. Great starting call for tree talk and finisher for close work to get those extra few yds.
Pretty good cluck and purr! Definitely not made to crank on.

https://www.facebook.com/jimmy.schaffer.3/videos/3004461952946953
Phil 4:13

Sir-diealot

Quote from: BTH on May 11, 2023, 01:37:45 PM
Schaffer teardrop here. Great starting call for tree talk and finisher for close work to get those extra few yds.
Also a great call though I would not say it fits in the categories of the two the OP asked for as it can also crank it out loud if needed. Anything from Jimmy is good and he really likes to help people learn to call.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Riley1

I have one from Brad Roberts it's deadly!