OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Acrylic Striker

Started by Chrizz, April 29, 2023, 06:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrizz

I have. Been told that acrylic strikers will make the best sound on ceramic pot calls. Is this true? If so, any recommendations on someone who makes a good custom acrylic striker?
Thanks!

Lcmacd 58

I'm interested.....surely someone has a suggestion...

Chrizz

Still waiting for someone with knowledge or an opinion on what might be the best type of striker to use on a ceramic call................

Sir-diealot

I like bloodwood on my ceramic or even Ipe. There are not to many calls I have not liked Ipe on though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Chrizz

Thanks. Im guessing that the harder woods perform better then

worth612000

A heavy dymondwood striker is a plus on ceramic. There's a reason most come with dymondwood. Acrylic is used in wet conditions on crystal or glass. Not saying acrylic would not sound good on ceramic, can't recall if I ever tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinebark

JLH Frogwood

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

mastevt

Quote from: Chrizz on April 29, 2023, 06:29:10 PM
I have. Been told that acrylic strikers will make the best sound on ceramic pot calls. Is this true? If so, any recommendations on someone who makes a good custom acrylic striker?
Thanks!

Yes, Acrylic does run well on Ceramic, and will run wet on it.  It does not produce the higher pitch as DW does on it, but it does sound good, and gives you an option in wet weather.  I've sold a fair amount of them.  The only draw back on Acrylic is they do not take side pressure very well, and they will break in half.  So beware, if you sit on it, or accidentally put your hand on top of it laying on the ground to get up, it will snap.  If your interested in one, I sell them for $5 plus shipping.

runngun

I have a few acrylic stickers that I have had for years. Wood topped with clear acrylic rod and the rod is kind of like those BIG pencils they give us in Kindergarten or 1st grade. I can't remember what calls they came with. They really run well on every call I have tried them on.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Lcmacd 58

Steve will not steer ya wrong
He makes some wonderful calls ...