Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Happy Birthday Dad

Started by Hayudog, April 28, 2023, 11:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayudog

It's been a good week. Hunted with my son in law Tuesday. Had no real plan to be the shooter, but when two walk in, plans changed. My daughter could have come that morning, but it was Eric's only day, so she said we could hunt today, Friday.
I felt we walked in a bit late when Eric and I hunted, so I said " let's go in a bit earlier".  That was a no go from her. She said turkeys wanted to sleep in a bit, they'd wait for us. So, as a dad that will take any time granted hunting with her, I said "all good", we'll shoot a sleepy one. 
As it would go, we were walking up the hill after they were well into their morning wake up routine. Dogs barking as we parked made sure EVERYONE was awake.
We literally walked under a Tom on a branch rooster above the road. I told her not to stop as we walked past him, I could see him watching us. Figured he's going the other way for sure. Two more down Canyon could be heard, so I figured mid morning we might have one come our way.
Small ranch, so I hunt this spot the same way... every time. If I were to push these birds at all they'd just go some place else I can't hunt. So, it's a waiting and calling game.
Guess we didn't scare that Tom on the walk in. 10 minutes after we sat down he came in.  Dad goofed up the video, but the girl made short work with the pop gun.
Her comment was we didn't have enough time in the blind.  So, lunch is scheduled for later today to make up for lost time. 
I'm happy she still goes with me.  She shot her first bird on my birthday last year. This year, my present came a few days late??

Hayudog

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JeffC

Happy Birthday, great read and even better pictures, Great Memories!! Congratulations to your daughter.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

RutnNStrutn

That's wonderful Doug!! I wish my kids hunted with me. You are blessed brother. What a great morning, and an awesome belated birthday gift. Congrats my friend.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

TrackeySauresRex

This is awesome!  Congrats and Happy Birthday we are blessed  ;D
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Mountainburd

Great pictures and great hunt. Congrats to you and your daughter.