Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Gobbler down in California.

Started by Hayudog, April 25, 2023, 12:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayudog

Son in law and myself went out this morning. Lots of gobbles up and down the canyon on the limb. After fly down everything went silent. He had to leave at 0930 for work. I thought we'd have a chance early, but they went every way but near us.  Literally two hours after shoot time two big boys, all bowed up came strutting in. Never made a peep.  One thing about shooting the pop gun, they don't always get out of town quickly. We had my single shot .410 as the one gun between us. Had time to reload and the 9 1/2's cleaned up the second bird. Neither bird even flopped. Second double we've shot, but first with only one gun! 
They look like twins. Both heavy.  Both good spurs. I'll score him later today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Congrats Hayudog!! Sounds like a great hunt!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

WildSpur

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

TrackeySauresRex

WoooDawggY! Congrats on a good one  :icon_thumright:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Hayudog

Couple of pictures. Son in law never hunted before becoming part of the family. He likes to go, so he gets an invite. This stump has seen more than a few gobblers displayed on it.  Lots of first timers and kids.

The one with the turkey strutting, if you look at the right side of his fan, the grey blurry part,that's a load of TSS 9 1/2's just before impact. Those little dudes put the wallop on turkeys. The largest I reload are 9's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

JeffC

Congrats Hayudog, great Tom, great pictures. Congrats to your son-in-law. Hope the young man carried those birds out for you. Need video of the "fire drill" switching / loading gun!!, especially with a new hunter, quite the accomplishment.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

zelmo1

suburbhunter

Mountainburd

Deputy 14

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Hayudog on April 25, 2023, 10:58:00 PM
The one with the turkey strutting, if you look at the right side of his fan, the grey blurry part,that's a load of TSS 9 1/2's just before impact. Those little dudes put the wallop on turkeys.

Awesome picture brother!! :icon_thumright:

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Thebody

Nice job, congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.  Mike Tyson

Well He shoulda armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend.  Will Munny