Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Dead transmission = end of season

Started by 3seasons, April 20, 2023, 04:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3seasons

Well my happiness in TN was short lived. My cars transmission went out on me on my way home from my hunt(it did get me home but its jacked up).  Got 3 estimates from the few shops that would actually touch it. Low end is 4500 up to the more likely 9000(if they can even find parts) I just about croaked. So, looks like I'll be buying a new car. I'll have to use my turkey budget for the down payment to get my notes lower.  I prob won't be much fun to be around for the next month.  Freaking sucks.
Good luck to the rest of the team and I hope yall's seasons are great. Looking forward to living out the season through yall's pics and stories.

zelmo1

That sux bro. You are in our prayers bro. Z

Happy

That sucks man, if it makes you feel any better I had to replace a transmission and a fuel pump in the last 6 months

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

silvestris

That is a real bummer, like my wife selling my truck while I was hospitalized from a head injury; she listened to an administrator telling her that I would be a vegetable.  I have not and will not forgive either for that stunt.  Although there are those that believe the administrator may have been on to something.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Sir-diealot

I'm real sorry to hear that, hope you can find something decent in your budget.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

cannonball

Scott,
I really hate your hunting was cut short due to you needing a new vehicle. I know you will get back after them next spring and I hope you have your best season ever then. You need to make sure to get back to Tennessee sometime, we have some good hunting here in the Volunteer state.

3seasons

Appreciate it guys.  Looking at getting for ford maverick if I can find one or may have to just order one.  If any of y'all happen to see one at y'all's local dealership let me know.  Looking for the XL or XLT with the  hybrid motor.  Thought I found one in New Jersey and was going to fly up to get it then hunt my way back. But it sold as soon as it hit the lot. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harleytom

Quote from: 3seasons on April 22, 2023, 04:53:50 PM
Appreciate it guys.  Looking at getting for ford maverick if I can find one or may have to just order one.  If any of y'all happen to see one at y'all's local dealership let me know.  Looking for the XL or XLT with the  hybrid motor.  Thought I found one in New Jersey and was going to fly up to get it then hunt my way back. But it sold as soon as it hit the lot. 

I've got one, XLT hybrid, love it. Had to wait a year to get it after ordering 10/2021. Day I drove it home a deer hit me on drivers door, $5k worth of damage. One of the the most sought after vehicles out there, Ford can't keep up with demand, especially the hybrid. Good luck with your search.