OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What got left behind ???

Started by Lcmacd 58, April 17, 2023, 08:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

I consistently leaving my sanity in the woods!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Greg Massey

Quote from: strum on April 20, 2023, 10:24:34 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on April 20, 2023, 12:56:18 AM
Not anything, i check and recheck to make sure i have everything in my Glenda Green Satchel...

well you just jinxed yourself   :funnyturkey:
I tagged out in 4 days of our season opening April 15 , so i guess i didn't Jinxed myself... :TooFunny:

roberthyman14

Quote from: Lcmacd 58 on April 17, 2023, 08:27:31 AM
Most Turkey seasons have began .... what were some of the more critical items that you forgot on opening day  ?
Mine was TP !!!!!
Get yourself a pack of dude wipes.  Toss it in the bird pouch. 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lcmacd 58

Well .... this morning was a first .... got asked last night to help a buddy get a turkey on private ground .... I rushed around early and headed to his barn... loaded the DSD strutter on the 4 wheeler ..... unloaded everything and I had forgot the FAN
Haste makes waste

Tnandy

Craziest thing just this past week, forgot my Longbeard XR'S. Lol, I always put them back in my vest but after a morning hunt close to home this week, I ejected them back at home and laid them on my dresser, lol. Bad mistake. Thank God I got up early enough that morning when it hit me what I had done. Just a friendly reminder to myself and others, be sure to keep a couple of extra in your vest!!

Marc

Quote from: Tnandy on May 06, 2023, 10:08:18 PM
Craziest thing just this past week, forgot my Longbeard XR'S. Lol, I always put them back in my vest but after a morning hunt close to home this week, I ejected them back at home and laid them on my dresser, lol. Bad mistake. Thank God I got up early enough that morning when it hit me what I had done. Just a friendly reminder to myself and others, be sure to keep a couple of extra in your vest!!
I carry 7 shells...  3 in the gun, 4 in the vest.

My thinking is...  If I forget the ones that go in the gun, I have enough for a 3-shot volley, plus one more if I missed in the vest...  Never have shot a 3-shot volley turkey hunting, but I imagine it would be upsetting if I did, and did not have that extra round.

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Marc on May 06, 2023, 11:14:44 PM
Quote from: Tnandy on May 06, 2023, 10:08:18 PM
I carry 7 shells...  3 in the gun, 4 in the vest.

My thinking is...  If I forget the ones that go in the gun, I have enough for a 3-shot volley, plus one more if I missed in the vest...  Never have shot a 3-shot volley turkey hunting, but I imagine it would be upsetting if I did, and did not have that extra round.
I always carry extras in the truck ...

Notsoyoungturk

Like Greg, my Glenda Green keeps me pretty organized but it is strikers for me.  Especially if I am changing them up.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Haggstromjohnd

My sanity... Left that on the 1.5 hour drive at 2:30 am. Gotta move closer to hunt grounds.

Sir-diealot

Some fat, I lost 10 lbs. exactly walking in and out this season, something I am glad to have lost.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Lcmacd 58

I will usually drop 10 to 15 from when I start scouting to when I end season

Tnandy

My PRIDE!! After getting busted once this past year and after several seasons of not missing, managed to miss 3 times this year! It was a joke. Not sure how I missed 2 of them but, you can't win em all. Still a good season. Any time you can get out and spend some time in the quiet is a blessing.

Lcmacd 58

Quote from: Tnandy on June 17, 2023, 10:53:02 PM
My PRIDE!! After getting busted once this past year and after several seasons of not missing, managed to miss 3 times this year! It was a joke. Not sure how I missed 2 of them but, you can't win em all. Still a good season. Any time you can get out and spend some time in the quiet is a blessing.

I concur.....

Tom007

After leaving some key items behind early in my career, I decided to prevent these slip-ups from happening again. I set my truck up every spring with extra everything. Boots, pants, shirts, sweaters, and the rest of the turkey necessities. This bag has duplicates of everything I carry hunting, shells, batteries for sites, flashlights, bore snakes(various gauges), head net, gloves, socks etc. Since I added this pre-prep stage every season, I have had everything I need to hunt with even if I forget something. And oh yes, a sticky note taped to my console that just says "Gun".  No more worries "Do I have my......"
"Solo hunter"

Ranman

Didn't leave anything behind, but I did forget to chamber a shell on one of my hunts. Had a bird coming in, but he was intercepted by hens.. when I got back to my sxs, pulled the bolt back to unload, and there was not one in there.. oops.