turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What got left behind ???

Started by Lcmacd 58, April 17, 2023, 08:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lcmacd 58

Most Turkey seasons have began .... what were some of the more critical items that you forgot on opening day  ?
Mine was TP !!!!!

TaliskerStorm

Forgot my boots one time and hunted in flip flops

BennieGobbler

Mouth calls.... Def miss those for that last few yards if calling. Voice did ok tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Print by Madison, on Flickr

Lcmacd 58

No boots would be a hindrance...lol

OldSwamper

Well this is close, but left a Watkins fiddlebox beside a tree one Saturday morning.  Had to leave early and quickly to get to soccer practice w kids.  Went back and found it, YIKES

Lcmacd 58

Well it ain't opening day but I left my binoculars on the stump this afternoon.... looks like another hike in the morning......????????????

Marc

Quote from: Lcmacd 58 on April 17, 2023, 08:27:31 AM
Most Turkey seasons have began .... what were some of the more critical items that you forgot on opening day  ?
Mine was TP !!!!!
My vest is fully packed, and it is tough to forget most of my turkey gear...

I have forgotten food, and the area I hunt often involves long hunts...  Honestly, I would rather forget TP than food...  I am generally wearing some sort of short-sleeve shirt under my long-sleeve shirt...  I can't eat that shirt, but I can use it for "other needs."
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Lcmacd 58

Back in the day .... most of my button up hunting shirts didn't have a tail ....????????????

Marc

Quote from: Lcmacd 58 on April 18, 2023, 10:06:30 PM
Well it ain't opening day but I left my binoculars on the stump this afternoon.... looks like another hike in the morning......????????????
You sound like me...  I don't (usually) forget to take stuff in, but I have stuff all over the turkey woods...  Glasses, calls, etc...

This year, I worked my way down into a canyon to work a couple birds...  Turned out to be jakes.  I headed back out, got another distant gobble, and realized I had left my phone on a rock down the canyon (cause I wanted to take pics of the jakes). :character0029:  Headed back down, found my phone, head back up, and then went after those other birds...  I am too old for that S**t!

Last hunt I was on, I found a scratcher I lost several years ago.  My favorite one, and had Lonnie Gilbert make me another.  Unfortunately, after a couple of years the one I recovered weren't no good no more.

If you find something expensive in the same woods I hunt, chances are it is mine!
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Sir-diealot

It wasn't turkey season it was deer season but I had company over and I was so concerned with getting them set up in a good place that I knew of that left my shotgun sitting in the living room and had to drive home and get it after I had already got them set up and drove to the place I was supposed to hunt.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

krm944

Quote from: Lcmacd 58 on April 18, 2023, 10:49:18 PM
Back in the day .... most of my button up hunting shirts didn't have a tail ....????????????

While in the military I was on a training op that required a long distance land navigation with an overnight. Somehow I got an upset stomach that was the demise of one t shirt and my other undershirt was a Dickey by the time we got picked up. The Imodium in my blow out kit wasn't as effective as what the docs have!!

RIP T-Shirt. ????

krm944

I left behind a thermacell. My clothes are all pre treated with Permethrin and do well alone when it's 50 or so out. One day it warmed up to almost 70 and clothing was kinda keeping the mosquitoes away. They wouldn't land on my clothes but would hover inches from my face.

Greg Massey

Not anything, i check and recheck to make sure i have everything in my Glenda Green Satchel...

Lcmacd 58

strum

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 20, 2023, 12:56:18 AM
Not anything, i check and recheck to make sure i have everything in my Glenda Green Satchel...

well you just jinxed yourself   :funnyturkey: