turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Honduran Mahogany

Started by ferocious calls, April 11, 2023, 08:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferocious calls

Acquired this wood from a friend that had acquired it from an elderly woman's garage. It belonged to her husband that passed 20 years before. It sat in my friend s garage for 20 more years. 2 planks 2.5×18"×13'. He wanted 9 calls eventually for his buddies. An outstanding trade it was.
The Kisatchie flying Tom quarter is inlayed. This will be a limited run of these.

This is my Loudmouth call Mahogany over Mahogany. A bit shorter than my other short boxes. This was the first tuned from this batch and I couldn't be happier with the sound. These are available now. Thanks for the look. Kip

Yoder409

Another first.

I have never seen a mahogany/mahogany box. 

COOL call !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

ferocious calls

Quote from: Yoder409 on April 11, 2023, 03:52:49 PM
Another first.

I have never seen a mahogany/mahogany box. 

COOL call !!!!

Have made this call for about 10 years now. It is part of the Ferocious Flock 8 call case. Lots of these out there in the Loudmouth with no inlay. The call used to call a Tom in 3 times before 830 am for an Amish hunter that won the hunt at our trappers banquet. Bird gobbled 500 times the Amish man said.