Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

It's a Saturday

Started by FullChoke, April 08, 2023, 06:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

and it's opening day somewhere. Who's out delivering the pain today?

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

paintbrush

Not out today, but will be on my way to Iowa tomorrow so I can hunt their opener on Monday. Having never hunted in Iowa, I'll be going down to do a little boots on the ground public land scouting.  I'm ready to get hunting!

Lone Star Eastern

Still have two weeks until carrying a gun will be appropriate. Still out scouting though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuideGun

We don't open until Monday May 1st up here unfortunately.
Matt

cannonball

6 more days of waiting for me.

FullChoke

Minnesota is a mess when it comes to turkey season. You choose a week to hunt out of a 6 week season and you get to try one more week at the end if you didn't get one...and that's it...and there is a one gobbler limit. I had to guess at which week might produce the most gobbling and least hen problems since the birds schedules are different up here than in Mississippi. That fully explains why so many of the state's hunters go on out-of-state hunts.

Cheers anyway   ;D

FC 

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

zelmo1

May 1st here too. Scouting ongoing. Starting to strut. Heard tree gobbles in the morning so that's a good sign. Now is just patterning them. Z

paintbrush

Quote from: FullChoke on April 09, 2023, 04:16:35 PM
Minnesota is a mess when it comes to turkey season. You choose a week to hunt out of a 6 week season and you get to try one more week at the end if you didn't get one...and that's it...and there is a one gobbler limit. I had to guess at which week might produce the most gobbling and least hen problems since the birds schedules are different up here than in Mississippi. That fully explains why so many of the state's hunters go on out-of-state hunts.

Cheers anyway   ;D

FC

Welcome to Minnesota Norm! Thats one reason I hunt out of state so much! Hard to get your fill of turkey hunting when you only get to go a few days of the year. Luckily, most states around us have good turkey hunting with rather inexpensive non-resident turkry tags, except for Iowa which rakes you over the coals for 1 bird!