North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Weekly update 04APR

Started by anthonyjhallen, April 04, 2023, 10:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyjhallen

Team,

First off, congrats to Scott for getting us on the board. Take a look at his pictures he posted in the picture thread, they are exactly what's expected. Way to be, Scott!

Our birds are still pretty much hened up and sticking to the fields. I was able to get out a couple times this week and scout/hunt with a youth and they are still not hardly ready but it's only a matter of time.

Next week our season opens in NC and I am hoping to get down South to Ft Benning and hunt while all the opening week guys get it out of their system.

I hope y'all are having a good season so far. Let's stay connected!

Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skimerhorn

I hunted with my son sat for the va youth opener in the wind and rain, never heard a bird. But did see one on the neighbors property when we were leaving. I'll be out sat for the opening day here.

anthonyjhallen

Quote from: skimerhorn on April 04, 2023, 08:53:46 PM
I hunted with my son sat for the va youth opener in the wind and rain, never heard a bird. But did see one on the neighbors property when we were leaving. I'll be out sat for the opening day here.
Are they still henned up pretty bad?

skimerhorn

Quote from: anthonyjhallen on April 05, 2023, 10:10:30 AM
Quote from: skimerhorn on April 04, 2023, 08:53:46 PM
Are they still henned up pretty bad?

from what I've seen yes