OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Four Reed

Started by ChesterCopperpot, April 08, 2023, 10:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

Is there anyone still making four reed mouth calls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

Good question.  I am personally not aware of any, but then again I make my own calls so I haven't kept up with the trends much.  I will say this,...I have made four reed calls in the past, but quit doing so because I have never found that the sound quality could be improved over the more standard two and three reed calls.  From my personal perspective, it is just a waste of reed material going beyond using three reeds in a mouth call. 

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Will

Mountain Hollow Game Calls makes a 4 reed called the intimidator and as mentioned Denny Gulvas. I have both and get great old hen yelps and my Jake yelps are top notch.

ChesterCopperpot

Thanks for all the help. I can't run a mouth call very well, but a buddy I hunt with runs one almost exclusively and for the most part he runs v cut three reed calls. Other day he got to talking about four reed calls and how much he liked them and how he couldn't find them anymore. Might get him a couple of these to let him try. He prefers small tape. These look like they should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk