Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Opening Wkd in SC

Started by KHNC, April 03, 2023, 09:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KHNC

Slow for me at the farm in Cherokee County SC. Heard one gobble saturday on the opener. Late morning. Only sound off once and wouldnt cooperate. Nothing at all yesterday morning. NC opens this weekend , so i May have another option on a place to go. Hope its going good for yall that are open as well!

Tom007

Keep at it brother, you'll nail em!
"Solo hunter"

KHNC

Whoo! what a tough weekend n the woods! Loads of rain and cold! Not a gobble to be heard saturday. I will be glad to see some warm weather that will stay a while! I can only hunt on the wkd. We had beautiful weather leading up to it and then the bottom dropped out! lol

KHNC

Going in NC this afternoon. Got invite from a buddy. Killed a bird on his place last year. Hope to get on the board today!

Mossyguy

KHNC

Just about killed one Tuesday evening on the NC hunt. Got setup on edge of green field with DSD Jake/Hen combo. Sat down at base of a big oak on the edge of the woods and let out a few yelps on my copper pot call. Immediately had a bird on left and right gobble back! Waited a few mins and called again. This time TWO on the left and one on right hammered back. Just knew it was on then! SHortly after the two longbeards on the left popped out midfield and looked at the dekes. Then the LB on the right joined them , along with one more longbeard. Four of them all in middle of the field running around in circles at each other. They eventually all looked at the dekes and decided they didnt like them i guess. They made their way out the back of the field. Got them to answer a couple more times as i moved in on them, but they eventually moved off got quiet. Usually that DSD combo is a killer. This time i guess it spooked them. Saw a couple hens in another field later but no action. Got invite back this weekend to try it again!

Yoder409

Git back on that horse and ride it !!!

:icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

KHNC