turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Apex Mossy Oak Grn Lf blend/ Rem 870 compact

Started by briton, February 27, 2023, 11:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie Ray

Awesome patterns! I ordered a couple of boxes of the Apex Mossy Oak Greenleafs that came in a few days ago that I'll be using with a Mossberg Youth Bantam 20 gauge and a Carlson's flush mount .575 choke ... I can only hope mine patterns anywhere close to what I'm seeing here.

mountainhunter1

Poor bird is all that I can say. Those reportedly have 774 pellets in the total payload. Amazing really as That pattern looks like a smoking 3.5 inch 12 gauge TSS pattern.

One sincere and well-meaning suggestion - sight your gun in a fraction high to try and keep those ten's out of the breast or you will need a crown soon enough. They are just so small, they can be beyond hard to find in the bird when cleaning.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

briton

Moved sight up a bit and shot again at 30yds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainhunter1

I like it a tad moved up. You are ready to hunt.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Ranman

Before last season, I would have agreed with everyone to hunt that.. But, last year opening weekend, I was shooting a setup that put 310 pellets in 10" at 40.. I almost missed a Gobbler at 17yrds. Luckily I hit enough to keep him from running off. Had to finish him with a second shot. Since then, I have opened up my choke to get around 250 pellets in 10" at 40 yards, this gives a more forgiving pattern at 20..

I think your pattern looks awesome, but for me. I would open it up a little to be more forgiving at closer ranges.. shoot it at 20 and then decide. I have had a occasional 40 yard shot, but most are 20-30 for me..