turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just asking for some prayers

Started by Sir-diealot, March 29, 2023, 08:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I am having a really hard time since my sister died, or at least that is what I think is causing it. I have no interest in anything, I know I want to go turkey hunting but my excitement is not there like it normally is. I have barely practiced other than with my trumpets and tubes which are also making me discouraged. I have not even popped in a CD yet for getting my cadence down when calling and normally I would have started that months ago. I have a $2300.00 lens coming in for my camera that has been my dream lens for 2 years anyway for taking pictures of turkey and other stuff and I am not even very excited about that it seems.

My attitude sucks as of late, I think maybe I have been rude here a couple of times though it is not my intent and I do appoligize if I have been, I know I am being rude outside of here and short with people,  I am just not with it since she died in December and the way the Winter was (rainy and dreary instead of snowy and bright) has caused me much more pain this year which had not made me the nicest person to deal with either. Now we are coming into the most painful time of year for me, Summer with all the heat and humidity and I am not looking forward to that.

I know I need this hunt, it may be the only thing to help me but at this point I just hate seeing what my little sister, Aunt, uncle and especially my nephews are going through. Both nephews have learning and behavior disabilities and the older one has them quite severe and he is having a very hard time and that bothers me because they are in OK and I am in NY I have talked with the elder as much as I can but the younger is just closed tight like I normally am, the one way I wish he had not ended up like me.

I blame their father for my sisters death but have to be decent to him for the boys sake which I hate, I just want to go there and beat him into the ground but I know I am no longer physically capable of that and it would do my nephews no good to see that and it is not what God would have me do anyway and I know it.

Sorry to dump this on y'all, I can't put this on Facebroke because everybody mentioned above is on there.

Please do not suggest a Psychologist or Psychiatrist, I would not jeopardize my hunting by going to one and they are nothing but a bunch of professional liars and legalized drug pushers anyway. Some prayers would do me far better please.

Thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

SDK

Steve- Will say some prayers for you, and sorry you are going through this. I have a very fractured family, and at 55 have started having some physical challenges myself, so I feel for you.

But also, god helps those who help themselves. So let me offer you a couple of suggestions.

Make an easy schedule and stick to it. Book in time to work on your calling and work on photography. Keep it initially light enough to stick to, then stick to it.

99% of psychiatrists would be out of business if people exercised more. Nothing works better to lift your mood than getting moving. It will also help your hunting. Whatever it is, short walk, some light dumbells, etc, will help you feel better. Work within your means to schedule  something regular and stick to it.

What I have done with my family is cling to the ones I love, and mentally let go of the baggage with the ones I don't. Try to focus on the good ones, and more importantly. yourself...

You can pull yourself through this!

Tom007

Steve, prayers for sure. Life is precious, but our journey is short. Live for today, for you. Enjoy, engage with us, and get ready to chase them turkeys.....be well my friend....
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: SDK on March 29, 2023, 08:32:33 AM
Steve- Will say some prayers for you, and sorry you are going through this. I have a very fractured family, and at 55 have started having some physical challenges myself, so I feel for you.

But also, god helps those who help themselves. So let me offer you a couple of suggestions.

Make an easy schedule and stick to it. Book in time to work on your calling and work on photography. Keep it initially light enough to stick to, then stick to it.

99% of psychiatrists would be out of business if people exercised more. Nothing works better to lift your mood than getting moving. It will also help your hunting. Whatever it is, short walk, some light dumbells, etc, will help you feel better. Work within your means to schedule  something regular and stick to it.

What I have done with my family is cling to the ones I love, and mentally let go of the baggage with the ones I don't. Try to focus on the good ones, and more importantly. yourself...

Thanks bud, I am trying to get out more, I love Winter more than any other season and enjoy photographing it more but it was not great for shooting this year until about 2 weeks ago and I loved it. It is also dangerous because of my knees and balance, if I go down my knees will no longer let me get up on my own, I have to have a tree or a chair or something to push up from. Buy I love it and get out there when I can, though I now use trekking poles which saved me from going down a few times a few weeks ago. I am doing some light lifting trying to get to where I can bow hunt again, the only hunting I have ever loved like I do turkey hunting is bow hunting and after 3 surgeries on my shoulders and all the other stuff it is hard to do. I did drop from a 70# bow to a 45# bow which has helped a tad. I do some dumbbell stuff, some lat pull downs, some stuff with elastic they gave me after my shoulder surgeries and walk. I used to bench 365lbs. and now I can't even bench the 40lb. bar because of the shoulders. Getting old is a drag.

My family has always been very fractured as you put it, My aunt I mentioned above and I have always gotten along (except when she complains about my beard lol) My baby sister and I have NEVER gotten along the best, the older sister and I that passed used to laugh and say we love her long distance and short term. She is VERY LOUD and emotional in her opinions, I am more fact based. I often tell her that I could have a megaphone and she would still be louder than me. After our father was electrocuted to death on a construction job when we were teenagers none of us were close until we got into our upper 20's or early 30's and that is the sister that just died. I never got along with our mother really, lot of bad history there though I do know she loved me, she was just not good with young kids, she was better when we got older, I did not cry when she died though, I did for my sisters hurt but not for her.

These are a couple from the snowstorm a couple of weeks ago.
Cell Phone Picture

Quote from: Tom007 on March 29, 2023, 08:54:36 AM
Steve, prayers for sure. Life is precious, but our journey is short. Live for today, for you. Enjoy, engage with us, and get ready to chase them turkeys.....be well my friend....

Thanks bud, will try for sure.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

SDK

Those are some beautiful photos! We had the same kind of winter here. Mud and rain instead of snow and ice. Post some more as spring rolls in. I miss the upstate NY scenery! Gotta get out there again this year..

Sir-diealot

Quote from: SDK on March 29, 2023, 12:29:26 PM
Those are some beautiful photos! We had the same kind of winter here. Mud and rain instead of snow and ice. Post some more as spring rolls in. I miss the upstate NY scenery! Gotta get out there again this year..
Alesia loved photography, she hated to hear it but she was so much better at it than I am, she was a natural whereas I have to work at it. This has several of my pictures on it, you may like them or not. I have it set to go from the beginning so you can see my progression. I attached one of hers to this post. https://www.viewbug.com/member/Sir-diealot#/Sir-diealot/gallery?sort=oldest

John Koenig:

HillclimberWV

Sorry to hear about your sister but you are already on a path to healing. Reaching out to your peers when battling with depression is a big step. Keep your head up look forward to warmer days and pretty sunrises. Also a gobble here and there is good for any mood. Good luck this spring and keep your head up.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

SDK

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 29, 2023, 01:26:51 PM
Alesia loved photography, she hated to hear it but she was so much better at it than I am, she was a natural whereas I have to work at it. This has several of my pictures on it, you may like them or not. I have it set to go from the beginning so you can see my progression. I attached one of hers to this post. https://www.viewbug.com/member/Sir-diealot#/Sir-diealot/gallery?sort=oldest

A ton of great photos there Steve!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: SDK on March 29, 2023, 06:53:27 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 29, 2023, 01:26:51 PM

A ton of great photos there Steve!
Thanks, as you see she was far better than I am.

John Koenig:

misfire

Prayers for healing. Depression is a real thing that sneaks up on people and many, myself included, dont know how to deal with it. SDk provided some really good advice. The key to overcoming depression is being active and it helps if it is something you enjoy. I would also recommend speaking to your pastor, he knows alot of this subject. Also, just speaking about it to someone helps as well
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Sir-diealot

Quote from: misfire on March 30, 2023, 09:54:09 AM
Prayers for healing. Depression is a real thing that sneaks up on people and many, myself included, dont know how to deal with it. SDk provided some really good advice. The key to overcoming depression is being active and it helps if it is something you enjoy. I would also recommend speaking to your pastor, he knows alot of this subject. Also, just speaking about it to someone helps as well
I love my Pastor but this stuff is a major downfall for him, have never been able to talk to him about that stuff, his favorite line is "It's all in your head" and then walks away from me.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

John Koenig:

misfire

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 30, 2023, 01:01:27 PM
I love my Pastor but this stuff is a major downfall for him, have never been able to talk to him about that stuff, his favorite line is "It's all in your head" and then walks away from me.

Well, it is in your head so to speak, but it goes deeper than that. Sorry he doesnt understand that. But, finding someone to talk to about it is a great help. I know, I went through it a few years back and used the EAP we had at work and got a Christian counselor.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Sir-diealot

Quote from: misfire on April 03, 2023, 10:48:05 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 30, 2023, 01:01:27 PM

Well, it is in your head so to speak, but it goes deeper than that. Sorry he doesnt understand that. But, finding someone to talk to about it is a great help. I know, I went through it a few years back and used the EAP we had at work and got a Christian counselor.

He loves God and preaches is truthfully, I want to be sure that is understood, he just seriously lacks what I guess I will call people skills when it comes to that kind of thing. He will pray with you but you just can't talk with him about stuff like that. Retired Career Military men seem to be that way from what I have personally dealt with for the most part and that is what he is.

John Koenig:

mountainhunter1

Good words of wisdom right here. All of what he said. Even if a person lives with some Chronic pain, moving by way of walking yoga, palates or something and getting some sunlight (thirty minutes a day of unprotected sunlight is gold) is the best thing that you can do and it is an amazing mood booster.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Sir-diealot

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on April 05, 2023, 12:52:11 PM

Good words of wisdom right here. All of what he said. Even if a person lives with some Chronic pain, moving by way of walking yoga, palates or something and getting some sunlight (thirty minutes a day of unprotected sunlight is gold) is the best thing that you can do and it is an amazing mood booster.
Totally agree, it does help for sure. I am trying to get a hold of the guy who's land I hunt so I can go get things set up, that will be some big help and I will bring the camera gear as well, last time I set up I had a tom with hens about 200 or so yards away watching to see what I was doing, wish I had had the camera with me then. I have been stuck at home without the truck this week but will be going out to practice calls and walk the dog more too.

John Koenig: