turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rust on table top?

Started by Tail Feathers, June 27, 2011, 11:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

I think I saw someone post a review of something called "table saver" or something similar.  Here in the humid south a bit of surface rust sometimes creeps in on the tables of my bandsaw and table saw.

Does anyone remember the stuff I'm talking about?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

lightsoutcalls

I'm not familiar with it, but my father-in-law often rubbed a block of parafin wax over his tablesaw, bandsaw, jointer and planer tables.  I keep a block of it handy on my work bench.  It doesn't keep the tables from discoloring, but it keeps the friction down that can result from rust.  I just scribble some diagonal lines that cross each other and let the wood "spread" it around.  I don't use much, as I have been concerned about issues with finishing with wax in the pores of the wood.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

3inchstrutbuster

me i use carnuba paste wax first i use some on some 0000 steel wool then wipe it off then i put a coat on let it dry and buff it out until i have four or five coats

WillowRidgeCalls

They make a spray that you can put on and keep it from rusting, I think woodcraft has it.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

Trophy_Taker

I've used topsaver and Boeshield which is made by Boeing.  Both with great results and it's not hard or time consuming.  Here's my 18" Jet bandsaw I bought at an auction.  The farmer kept it in his barn.

Matt...

Tail Feathers

Table Saver was what I saw.  May have even been those pics!  Thanks guys.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ncturkey

I use the same thing.
Quote from: 3inchstrutbuster on June 27, 2011, 06:12:41 PM
me i use carnuba paste wax first i use some on some 0000 steel wool then wipe it off then i put a coat on let it dry and buff it out until i have four or five coats