turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg SA-28 Cycling Issue

Started by deltabowhunter, March 26, 2023, 03:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runngun

If it was me, I would order a new Wolf or similar recoil spring/mag spring.
While changing springs I also get a trigger spring, M-Carbo.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Greg Massey

Shot my new SA 28 ga Tactical today, ran both light loads and Apex fine .... It's ready for turkey season ...  NO cycling issues ...

Ridge Rooster

Shot my new one this evening and having same issue not bringing shell out of mag tube. It seemed to work fine with Apex Nijas 1 3/8oz but my 1.5oz handloads would not work. Any updates on this issue?

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

twyatt

I never heard of any updates.  I had 3 and sold them all due to cycling problems.  Seems like they're hit or miss.  For every 1 I hear about that has cycling problems, someone else says theirs runs perfect.   I really loved that gun, and hated to let them all go, but mine wouldn't cycle anything and I tried just about every TSS available.  I had one that was fine for over a year and a lot of range time, then just mysteriously quit cycling.   Very disappointing, but I don't have the time, money, or patience to deal with faulty guns.  All of mine were meticulously taken care of, so I don't know what the issue is other than I believe them to be over gassed with TSS.   They all shot fine with target loads.  The only fix I've heard was posted earlier in this thread, and that is to have the gas ports manipulated.

Spring Creek Calls

I shot mine yesterday to confirm POA/POI and it continues to cycle. Hopefully that's not a temporary thing.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Ridge Rooster

I was having cycling issues with mine but I switched from H110 to Lil Gun in my handloads and have yet to have an issue? Might be coincident IDK but I am getting to where I am starting to trust it and hope that it doesn't fail when and if I ever need it.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters