Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friendly Wager

Started by zelmo1, March 23, 2023, 10:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

I wagered with the GOATS last year and lost to the nannies. Gobblenut graciously still sent the mouth calls he wagered so I sent them all strikers as well. Great fun and a class bunch. I will extend the same wager to you this year. I will pony up one of my modest pots, nothing fancy just a turkey in every pot, against whatever you wish to lose. Trash talking, which i see you are accomplished, is always welcomed. Thank you in advance to donating to our nble cause. Z

HillclimberWV

I'm new to making box calls but feel I'm progressing. I've posted pictures and sound files in the box call forum. http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,107185.0.html I will put up one of my boxes to your pot call. If you feel like that is a fair bet then consider your challenge accepted. I will let the other guys handle the trash talking they are much better at it than me.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

JeffC

Thank you Hillclimber! I was going to PM you to see if you were willing to part with a call. I am more than happy to send the box I have, after the season, of course. But I also wanted to see if we could pass the box around to all the members on the team?

HillclimberWV

JeffC id rather see the one you have get passed around the team i have thought about that myself. I'm going to be starting on a new batch in the next week or two and will put up one of those against Zelmo.

zelmo1

Anything is good with me guys. We have a bet . It makes it fun . Z

eggshell

If you all win that call better take more than a pop gun with you. Pterodactyls come to it and big  sabbaticals. I was the first one to get Zitmo's call last fall and this is what I had to kill in self defense:

that's a 13.25" beard and 1.5" spurs boys....

HillclimberWV

That sir is a stud of a bird

zelmo1

Did you sign it and psss it along?

eggshell

yes i did Zelmo. I sent it to west augusta, he has it in florida. I confess i used a combo of calls last fall. I had your call and one of jims both. trying to be more than one bird at a time.

zelmo1

That is cool bro. I have a few " fancy calls" but always end up with my own in my hands when it matters. I will try Jims mouth calls this spring as well. Good luck to West Augusta  :funnyturkey: Z

austinc

I also build pot calls and might could put onr up for the bet if needed. It'll be after season before I can get one built.

zelmo1

I appreciate the enthusiasm to donate calls to us, lol. It's the jesture, thanks. We can discuss details in June. Right now is trash talking and scouting/hunting.  Z

HillclimberWV

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 24, 2023, 08:35:36 AM
I appreciate the enthusiasm to donate calls to us, lol. It's the jesture, thanks. We can discuss details in June. Right now is trash talking and scouting/hunting.  Z
I have all the faith in our team that your call will be coming our way and not the alternative. 

zelmo1

As you should, good luck and stay safe. Z

HillclimberWV