turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nomad vest quality

Started by Bingoman, March 22, 2023, 06:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingoman

I purchased a nomad bull lounger vest off sportsman's. When it arrived, the kickstand wouldn't stay up. Brought it back to a brick and mortar store for a return, and ordered a new one as they didn't carry it in store.
When the second vest arrived, I noticed, from larping in my basement with it on, that all the buckles were made of a super brittle inferior plastic. Every one would fall apart with not much force applied.
The stitching was bad in many places, and I didn't see this thing lasting a hard season in my region.
Back to the store for another return.
I was way more excited about this vest before I got it in my hands, and had hoped for more from a $200 tky vest.
Is this standard for nomad, or did I just get two lemons in a row?

runngun

I have one of those I used it last year, bought it from Sportsman Warehouse hunted it last year with absolutely no problem or issue.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Ridge Strutter

I bought a new one and it's quality through and through.  Mine is the MG model though.

Spitten and drummen

Every Nomad vest I have had held up well. I had 3 different ones.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Snood Life

I have had no issues with mine.

kytrkyhntr

The buckles are junk I had the original MG and the buckles broke that kept the seat up, of course the inferior magnets didn't make up for that so I emailed Nomad and they sent me the newer model. It was better but I can see what you're talking about. I took the seat off of that nomad vest when I used it the next few years so I didn't pay much attention to the buckles but I'm with you. The buckles and stitching were sub par to say the least
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

arkrem870

My first MG vest was a failure. My second one is 100% better quality.

aclawrence

I bought a nomad vest a couple years ago. The stitching was poor quality. I sold it before season started. I've had great luck with my Nomad pants though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeybutt

I had my Nomad vest now three seasons without a problem

Ridge Strutter

I'll have to recant my previous comments of quality through and through.  On its third weekend of hunting the stitching is coming completely undone in two places. Frustrating to say the least.

ScottTaulbee

I bought a nomad vest a couple seasons ago, tried it on, didn't like it and put it in the closet, tried it on again the next season and still didn't like it, traded it to a buddy for something and then got to thinking about it again this year, traded him a couple calls for it back and I've now worn it for the last 5 days, 4 of those daylight to dark hunts. So far, the quality is great and I absolutely love the thing, kicking myself for not starting to wear it two seasons ago. And really kicking myself for not getting a fox vest, as my main deciding factor was that it was a glorified nomad MG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk