Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Our hearts go out to the people of Rolling Fork, MS

Started by FullChoke, March 25, 2023, 05:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

On Friday night, a category EF4 wedge tornado tore a path of devastation through the state of Mississippi, completely destroying the historic delta town of Rolling Fork. Like many other small delta towns, they had a population of around 1,900 people who are now homeless. The mayor of Rolling Fork, upon witnessing the extent of destruction, simply stated "My town is gone." The tornado continued it's path directly hitting the towns of Winona and Amory. At present the death count is at 24 souls with many injured and several still missing.

Our hearts go out to the people that have suffered through this terrifying night and woke to a sunrise of loss of property, friends and family members.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Mossyguy

Rolling Fork is about 30 miles north of where my son lives...he went up there to see if they needed any help. Told me it was devastating...

FullChoke

Quote from: Mossyguy on March 25, 2023, 07:51:58 PM
Rolling Fork is about 30 miles north of where my son lives...he went up there to see if they needed any help. Told me it was devastating...

Is your son from Vicksburg? I hope that he saw no damage where he was. We watched the news from several stations last night on the progress. That whole system had the weather teams scared.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Mossyguy

Quote from: FullChoke on March 25, 2023, 09:32:29 PM
Quote from: Mossyguy on March 25, 2023, 07:51:58 PM

Is your son from Vicksburg? I hope that he saw no damage where he was. We watched the news from several stations last night on the progress. That whole system had the weather teams scared.

He is...my wife was listening to the coverage on her phone and when they mentioned Rolling Fork I told her that wasn't far from where he lives. She called him and he said that they had some rain and high winds but that was it.

Sir-diealot

Hoping the best for all effected by this. It always amazes me how some of the most beautiful things are the most devastating, tornadoes, fires, water, snow and so on.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

cannonball

crow

What a heartbreak for so many folks, prayers for all thats hurting thru this