Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Something odd...

Started by Happy, March 26, 2023, 01:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

So I will admit I ain't the quickest to pick up on things. But anyway, I was down in my mancave applying some stain, and my daughter called. We were chatting and catching up, and I asked how college classes were going.. she mentioned how she was knuckling down and taking online classes to get ahead, while also working full time and how it would be nice to take a break and all she is hearing is how everyone is taking spring break. That's when the light bulb came on. Albeit a dim one.
Every year, our fearless captain takes our boat and disappears for a few weeks. When he returns, he is disheveled, disoriented and we no longer have a boat.
Know I know this time of year down Mexico way there is a lot of partying and extracurricular activities going on. I think I am drawing a correlation. Or do i need to ventilate the mancave a little better?

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

lacire

I think you're definitely laying down some stains in your mancave.... Put down the dubbie, take off your rose colored glasses and ventilate the cave.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

TrackeySauresRex

Hmmmm....  ???
Possible Translation, Dad buy me a plane ticket for spring break, I'm short on cash.
I'm so happy my kids not away at school anymore.
Good luck Happy
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Happy

Quote from: lacire on March 26, 2023, 02:07:54 PM
I think you're definitely laying down soon stains in your mancave.... Put down the dubbie, take off your rose colored glasses and ventilate the cave.
Reflex is the rose colored glasses guy, or was it heart-shaped? Maybe I need to open another window

Happy

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 26, 2023, 03:52:56 PM
Hmmmm....  ???
Possible Translation, Dad buy me a plane ticket for spring break, I'm short on cash.
Good luck Happy
She knows better than that. Dad just redid her brakes free of charge

JeffC

i think thats Gobblnut in the back ground in the green shirt
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Happy

Looks like our boat is about to go under.... again

crow

Quote from: Happy on March 26, 2023, 01:56:49 PM
So I will admit I ain't the quickest to pick up on things. But anyway, I was down in my mancave applying some stain, and my daughter called. We were chatting and catching up, and I asked how college classes were going.. she mentioned how she was knuckling down and taking online classes to get ahead, while also working full time and how it would be nice to take a break and all she is hearing is how everyone is taking spring break. That's when the light bulb came on. Albeit a dim one.
Every year, our fearless captain takes our boat and disappears for a few weeks. When he returns, he is disheveled, disoriented and we no longer have a boat.
Know I know this time of year down Mexico way there is a lot of partying and extracurricular activities going on. I think I am drawing a correlation. Or do i need to ventilate the mancave a little better?

You'r only voicing what we all have been thinking about El Capitan for the last year and a half.
Needs to raise our dues my foot.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Happy link :icon_thumright:=topic=113208.msg1128292#msg1128292 date=1679861391
Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 26, 2023, 03:52:56 PM
Hmmmm....  ???
Good luck Happy
She knows better than that. Dad just redid her brakes free of charge

That's what we do  :icon_thumright:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

GobbleNut

I'm glad to see my superior captaining skills were missed while I was gone.  It is apparent that I have work to do to get everybody back in line.  I guess I am just going to have to give up turkey hunting altogether (especially since it seems to be a futile effort on my part) and just hang around here and try to keep the ship from sinking,...again.   ;D :toothy9:

Happy

You were gone? We didn't miss a beat here. We got the other fellows so busy making memes that they ain't even trying to kill a turkey.
On a serious note. Glad your trip was safe. I hope you enjoyed the experience and hope you have some good luck stored up for the future

crow

Did you at least get us T-shirts