OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 20 gauge semi suggestion?  (Read 481 times)

Offline Tca126

20 gauge semi suggestion?
« on: March 21, 2023, 07:56:39 PM »
I currently have a Winchester SXP 20 gauge pump that I’m using. Looking to potentially upgrade to a semi in 20 gauge specifically for Turkey hunting. Looking for something light, with a better trigger than the SXP, and a gun I can easily mount a reflex red dot on.

Offline Mossyguy

Re: 20 gauge semi suggestion?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 08:28:11 PM »
I like my Retay Masai Mara XT…super light. I haven’t shot the Winchester SXP so I can’t compare triggers but I have no issues with mine. It also has a picatinny rail system that you can easily mount a red dot on. Sumtoy also makes lower profile mounts that will fit the factory holes if you want to go that route.

I personally have no experience with them but a friend of mine who hosts a well known outdoor tv show is shooting the Mossberg SA-28 Tactical Turkey this year and he absolutely loves it…and he hunts birds all over the place.

Offline cannonball

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: 20 gauge semi suggestion?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 08:36:57 PM »
I have a Tristar Viper G2 Turkey that I just bought. It’s a little over 6 pounds so that should meet your weight requirement. The trigger wasn’t the best when I got it so I installed an M-Carbo spring kit that was around $10. It brought the pull down to just over 4 pounds. It comes with a picatinny rail so mounting a reflex site shouldn’t be an issue. Mine is fully Cerakoted and has a chrome lined barrel which I really like.