turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite diaphragm?

Started by CG1997, March 21, 2023, 01:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CG1997

Just curious what everyone's favorite diaphragm is? Been using Woodhaven for a few years, just ordered several from Hooks to try out. Also curious, do y'all buy new every year or have you found a way to store them without ruining them?

sixbird

Love Pecker Wrecker. Easy to run and sound good.
Recently discovered Kluk and man, are they sweet calls! They make each model in three different stretches so you can dial in to your liking. And customer service that's unbelievable!
I messaged them once on a Sun. They were elk hunting but messaged me right back. Said calls would be in mail as soon as they got home. The day they got home calls were shipped!
Great calls, great company!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runngun

Sadler McGraw, ghost cut, batwing and the reverse combo cut.  I keep plenty of them in my refrigerator. I also practice year round as well.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

paboxcall

Gooserbat ICE
Gulvas Master Choice.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

CG1997

Quote from: runngun on March 21, 2023, 02:33:20 PM
Sadler McGraw, ghost cut, batwing and the reverse combo cut.  I keep plenty of them in my refrigerator. I also practice year round as well.

I placed an order for a ghost, reverse combo and modified V from him earlier today. Looking forward to trying them

strum

I purchased some revers combos from Sadler McGraw this year.  Let me tell you I've tried a bunch of calls over the years . Some custom and very good.
Some customs I didn't like and many production calls from various companies.
  Sadler Mcgraw is the best hands down. Only mouth call Ill be running from now on.

runngun

Strum, I am glad that you like them. I keep telling folks how good they are. He certainly makes me sound like I know what I am doing!!! LOL He can find what you want, by changing reeds tension/stretch  whatever it takes to get you running there to your satisfaction!!! He's a pretty good fellow too and he loves talking about turkey and turkey calls. I don't think that you can beat his price either. Last order I had cost $9 per call, average Walmart/Bass Pro running $13/$14.

Have a good one and May God bless y'all, Bo

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

longbow2240

Coves (Pinhoti) Gray Ghost and purple ghost for soft calling
David Halloran NBK for raspy and aggressive calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rong

Gooserbat  Public land Special and Bacon for me. These two are the only ones I have been able to run with any consistency.

SwampRooster17

Gooserbat oss and houndstooth ghost cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zobo

Gooserbat —Wild Bill  :you_rock:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

bbcoach

Ghost cuts have been my go-to for a couple years now.  Sadler McGraw Ghost, Pinhoti Purple ghost and Kluk's Crying Karen in light stretch are what I'm running now. 

Mossyguy

Woodhaven Red Wasp..if there's any call makers on here who has one that sounds like that one let me know!

Sir-diealot

Got some from Savduck and Daddy Rat that I like quite a bit.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

mikejd

I picked up a handful of Gooserbats down in Nashville and I am really liking them all OSS and Bacon are standouts. As a whole I love how he cuts them they are very comfortable without trimming.