OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Numbered mr fox vest on ebay

Started by InmemoryofLMC, March 21, 2023, 11:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MShillhunter

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on March 21, 2023, 06:23:07 PM
Company makes a bunch off a vest, nothing wrong with an Individual doing the same.
Agreed.  I feel lied to with them continuing to release more unnumbered vest.  They sold us that these were going to be extremely limited with only a certain number - that was a lie.   Many folks, including myself,  stood in line a long time to have something exclusive and special.  It's not exclusive anymore.  The shine is off the rose.

I'm considering selling my vest now, honestly.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedge7767

2000 dollars to some people is just like 2 dollars to others. Everyone isn't the same.
Jim

runngun

Mossy oak did not deceive anyone. I saw in an email from January that they talked about the vest and calls, and he clearly stated that there was going to be a limited number of vest 1944 with calls offered as well. Then, there would be more made that would not be numbered. Reading is fundamental!!!! LOL

Have a good one and May God bless, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Happy

It's business, pure and simple. Mossy Oak is in the business of making money, and they marketed the vest to the fullest extent possible. And they will continue to do so until they have milked it dry. I really don't care what anyone spends their money on. It's not mine. Matter of fact, I have a fox vest on the way as well. I personally don't care about the legacy or collectability aspect of it. I am sure Mr Fox is a fine man, and I am happy for his long and prosperous life. However, I bought the vest to turkey hunt in and kill turkeys. Pretty sure I am gonna void the warranty on this sucker in the first year. I am hoping it is built well enough to handle about 20 more.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tom007

Maybe Mossy Oak is smarter than we think? They might realize the inflated costs and flipping on the after market is not the intent behind this release. Yes, they will make more money by making more vests, but will it deflate the values in the future? Only time will tell. Remember, the Dixon Vest was limited to 1986. One is on EBay now, high number used vest for over $5,000.
"Solo hunter"

gaswamp

Quote from: Sanders153 on March 21, 2023, 11:51:31 AM
I don't know how people afford it in this economy that Biden has plagued us with.. I scrape by every month now with just enough to live on much less am able to drop 2 grand on a turkey vest.. yes, it is a nice one, but dang.

a lot of folks accumulate more debt. 

Happy

Quote from: Tom007 on March 21, 2023, 10:55:19 PM
Maybe Mossy Oak is smarter than we think? They might realize the inflated costs and flipping on the after market is not the intent behind this release. Yes, they will make more money by making more vests, but will it deflate the values in the future? Only time will tell. Remember, the Dixon Vest was limited to 1986. One is on EBay now, high number used vest for over $5,000.
I think that there will still be some collectability in the numbered vests. However, it may be lower than the Dixon vests just because they only made numbered Dixon vests. They definitely made it harder to a fox vest matched up with all the calls for the guys that are into that stuff, though. Anyway,I like that they have a version of the vest for just hunters and can see a version of this model being produced regularly. I think a lower price point on the unnumbered vests would have been more fair. But they obviously didn't have any trouble selling then so I am probably wrong on that part.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tom007

Quote from: Happy on March 22, 2023, 06:38:38 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on March 21, 2023, 10:55:19 PM
I think that there will still be some collectability in the numbered vests. However, it may be lower than the Dixon vests just because they only made numbered Dixon vests. They definitely made it harder to a fox vest matched up with all the calls for the guys that are into that stuff, though. Anyway,I like that they have a version of the vest for just hunters and can see a version of this model being produced regularly. I think a lower price point on the unnumbered vests would have been more fair. But they obviously didn't have any trouble selling then so I am probably wrong on that part.

I have been noticing vest prices going higher (along with everything else) recently. A sub $100 vest is a thing of the past, in fact a sub $200 is now in the minority it seems. I had a Dixon vest, it was very well laid out, and very well built. The materials used were top notch from the weight, stitching, grommets etc. I sold it pre-boom because I wasn't wearing it, the rubber shoulder straps just were not comfortable for me. I regret the sale though. The Fox Vest is built even better. The shoulder straps are real nice, the materials are again high quality etc. There is a beautiful leather mouth call pocket, leather in the shoulder straps and it just appears to be a high quality product. Same Dixon layout, just tweaked a bit. Yes, $450 is a lot, I do believe it will last as long as you want to wear it. It is a heavy vest, would be hot in warmer climates. Be safe....
"Solo hunter"

MShillhunter

Quote from: runngun on March 21, 2023, 09:21:35 PM
Mossy oak did not deceive anyone. I saw in an email from January that they talked about the vest and calls, and he clearly stated that there was going to be a limited number of vest 1944 with calls offered as well. Then, there would be more made that would not be numbered. Reading is fundamental!!!! LOL

The way they originally presented it was that there would be a only be a few unnumbered vest sold.  That was a lie.  They've seen the demand and have decided to produce even more.   

It's a slap in the face and a lie. 

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: runngun on March 21, 2023, 09:21:35 PM

When they originally mentioned them in the game keeper podcast in the end of 2021 or the beginning of 2022 they said 1944 limited vests. I was all for it, wanted one bad, then when they got closer to release time, they mentioned that not only were they making the numbered but 2k unnumbered ones, I thought that was a slap in the face to guys thinking they're a special deal and it drove me to not buy one. Then after the release they decided to make another run. To me it's the difference of marrying your first girlfriend or marrying a stripper. There isn't anything wrong with either one, but in my opinion it's different to have something rare vs something that anyone can get their hands on. I could care less how others spend their money, but to me, with offering all the other vests, I could cut the straps off a nomad mg, go to Walmart and get 2 leather slings, and have a seamstress sew a zipper on the bird bag and have the same thing minus a patch. They marketed the "special" off of it.

dublelung

Some of you all will never run out of insignificant things to worry about!  ;D Carry on!

darron

as my dad would say, some people have more money than sense.

limhnger

I've got an unnumbered version available if anyone is interested. It's just too nice for me to dirty up. Ever since I got a Glenda satchel, I probably won't wear another vest hunting...