OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need some help - who is this callmaker?

Started by paboxcall, March 20, 2023, 11:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Had this sweet little butternut scratch box in my case for a number of years, and the lettering is beginning to fade. Anyone recognize who made it? Thanks for the help.

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Sir-diealot

Not sure if this will help or not, I cropped it and ran it through a program meant to help bring out details better. I would like to ask a favor from you, if you own a scanner can you make sure the surface is clean and then turn out the lights in the room and scan it? I may be able to get a much better result that way. That or of by chance you know somebody with a macro lens or macro setting on their cell phone that may help as well. By the way it looks like Lee Feder or Fader to me but I am pretty tired.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

letinmfly

If I remember correctly I believe it's Joe Fedor
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

paboxcall

Thanks, Steve. I appreciate you doing that. I was able to snip it from the original HD digital pic for more detail / less pixelation.

Agree, letinmfly, I think it is Joe Fedor. Bought this new from the maker in 2011, but I don't have any notes about the little butternut scratcher. Its a good one, that's for sure!

Anyone have information about this callmaker?

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

mountainhunter1

Mail that little jewel to letinmfly. He will be glad to keep an eye on it for you.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

crow

Quote from: paboxcall on March 21, 2023, 09:56:45 AM
Thanks, Steve. I appreciate you doing that. I was able to snip it from the original HD digital pic for more detail / less pixelation.

Agree, letinmfly, I think it is Joe Fedor. Bought this new from the maker in 2011, but I don't have any notes about the little butternut scratcher. Its a good one, that's for sure!

Just looked, I have one of those little scratchers, It is Joe Fedor, mine has 2014 on it.
I pretty sure he is from Pa. and I think from the N. East part of the state

paboxcall

Quote from: crow on March 21, 2023, 03:45:09 PM
Just looked, I have one of those little scratchers, It is Joe Fedor, mine has 2014 on it.

Thanks Crow. Nice little scratch box that's easy to tote ina  shirt pocket.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: paboxcall on March 21, 2023, 09:56:45 AM

You're welcome, glad I could help in some little way.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

crow

Quote from: paboxcall on March 21, 2023, 03:47:37 PM
Quote from: crow on March 21, 2023, 03:45:09 PM

Thanks Crow. Nice little scratch box that's easy to tote ina  shirt pocket.

It is, you inspired me  :), just came in from playing it out back after getting some firewood, He has them tuned really nice