OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What else would you expect from government workers.

Started by Southernson13, March 27, 2023, 12:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernson13

First, before anyone gets their feeling hurt, I myself am a government employee so I feel like I have room to complain. Anyway... New Jersey OTC permits went on sale this morning. I asked the biologist I talked to last week if I needed to go ahead and purchase a license before I could get a permit and he said that you should be able to buy them concurrently. No issue there and he has actually been very helpful so far as to even recommend some specific properties he's hunted growing up. New Jersey has the option, like most States to buy your license online. That being said if you're a NR and first time buyer you have to link your hunters Ed number with your CID number. The problem is there is nowhere on the website to do this. I call the number on the website. They don't actually handle licensing just the purchasing system, call fish and wildlife. I call DFW and they tell me that unfortunately I have to go through the state hunters Ed department. I can hear in her voice that she is basically saying good luck with that???????. Call hunters Ed and you get sent straight to an answering machine and I realize what that tone was for from DFW. All the while that I'm going through these hoops basically any where I've learned about to hunt and map scouted.... Basically anywhere that has a decent population is already sold out. Maybe next year. Who knows maybe my new biologist buddy will randomly call me with a private land hookup in the next 45 day before im supposed to be up there. The take home here is DO BETTER NEW JERSEY.

JeffC

"Jersey do better" , never happen. I believe you have to physically go to a store and prove all your hunter safety requirements the first time. I grew up in Jersey, went thru Jersey hunter safety in the early 70's, so long-lost original paperwork, moved out 40 years ago, had to go and buy first non-resident in person. Good luck.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Dtrkyman

Is there not an option to put in your HS once you start the purchase process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southernson13

Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 27, 2023, 12:18:25 PM
Is there not an option to put in your HS once you start the purchase process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You would think but no

Dtrkyman

I had to buy in person in Colorado one time for that reason, years later it was still FD up, called them and fortunately got the right person and he fixed the problem.

Generally have little faith in getting good help, but there is always someone willing to help, just seems to be luck of the draw!